Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I've updated the site to reflect the anticipated product for the Slate-Case Feet I posted about last Monday. I've also uploaded a questionnaire to each product page so those of you who can confirm their pre-order plans can do so. This will give us useful data so we can anticipate demand.

As always, thanks for your support!

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey Everyone!

I've updated the site to reflect the anticipated product for the Slate-Case Feet I posted about last Monday. I've also uploaded a questionnaire to each product page so those of you who can confirm their pre-order plans can do so. This will give us useful data so we can anticipate demand.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
Just answered the questionaire. Ahhh I thought I was ready to choose my color but when I got to the third question I had to think it over for a good ten minutes haha but chose the dark finish. Cant wait!!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
They are currently 0.5inches (12.7mm) and there is an additional 5mm gap to the face of the fanplate so that will help flow as well. I'm going to make sure I do some additional testing with them and make adjustments before their production.
I dunno if it's possible, but if they do need to be taller, could you design them so that they extend it to the outside edges of the case so they look like an extension of the chassis itself?

I think it could provide a very clean aesthetic. Just a thought.

buns_o_steel

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2020
I chose the silver finish, but now that I'm looking at the black version again, I've become undecided again.
Both look really good and I'd need to see more angles of both variants in regular lighting to really decide.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I dunno if it's possible, but if they do need to be taller, could you design them so that they extend it to the outside edges of the case so they look like an extension of the chassis itself?

I think it could provide a very clean aesthetic. Just a thought.
I explored this option, among many other. It makes the case look larger than it is. The design of the feet I tried to complement the design while also helping it feel the same size.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I've got nothing to contribute except to say that the Reddit traffic had me generally curious. But after reviewing this thread, I am officially obsessed with chilling on T1 upgrades for now, skipping V2, and cramming 2x 280 GTS in a Slate AQ. Is it March 15th yet?!

• Love

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Hey Everyone!

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
I remember from reviewing the thread that the idea of being able to buy two perforated panels right off the bat implied too much logistical overhead (SKUs, unit orders, and such).

But since I'm in it for dual rad from the get go: any chance that surveying as referenced above might help identify some sort of baseline of users like me who would be down to either skip the tempered glass entirely, or at the very least add on a vented panel to the initial order?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I remember from reviewing the thread that the idea of being able to buy two perforated panels right off the bat implied too much logistical overhead (SKUs, unit orders, and such).

But since I'm in it for dual rad from the get go: any chance that surveying as referenced above might help identify some sort of baseline of users like me who would be down to either skip the tempered glass entirely, or at the very least add on a vented panel to the initial order?
On that note, I would be interested in having 2 tempered glass panels AND 2 vented panels with my order. Having the ability to buy extra panels with this pre order on march 15th would be great!

diego38

Chassis Packer
Oct 2, 2018
In a future update I'll post an optional bracket that shifts the layout to a traditional layout. The video has a short text at the bottom right in the shot I think your referring to.

First contribution to the thread. Love the design mate. Already signed up and filled the questionnaire on the website to support you.

The video looks great. The only thing that was SUPER confusing to me is that when we first see it being built, is in a normal sandwich configuration, but then the front panel closes and we see it in the traditional layout with the optional bracket. That was super confusing. It looked like the traditional layout was the result of what was assembled in sandwich. Spent several minutes going back and forth trying to understand. Some feedback for you, hope it helps in future endeavours.

March can't come soon enough.

Cheers

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
First contribution to the thread. Love the design mate. Already signed up and filled the questionnaire on the website to support you.

The video looks great. The only thing that was SUPER confusing to me is that when we first see it being built, is in a normal sandwich configuration, but then the front panel closes and we see it in the traditional layout with the optional bracket. That was super confusing. It looked like the traditional layout was the result of what was assembled in sandwich. Spent several minutes going back and forth trying to understand. Some feedback for you, hope it helps in future endeavours.

March can't come soon enough.

Cheers
Yeah I was curious to how people might understand that. I may make an edit to that and replace that scene with something else. The website has some depending updates for flow and information too. Planning on submitting those this Friday.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019

This is a good point and something I am wanting. Post March 15th it will be available, I just need to confirm that our first orders will support it and the logistics can be in place for it.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
This is a good point and something I am wanting. Post March 15th it will be available, I just need to confirm that our first orders will support it and the logistics can be in place for it.
Totally understood about potentially just keeping it simple for the initial order wave. If it's doable, I'd love to have a total of two perforated panels right off the bat in order to minimize risk of color-matching based on past experience with subsequent anodization runs, etc. Certainly not a make or break issue for me, though!

Godspeed in the home stretch :]

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Is there a way to mount a gpu vertically in the standard orientation? Specifically a 1-1.2 slot waterblocked gpu? It looks as if it would fit based on the video, just curious if there is a bracket to support the gpu's I/O in the vertical orientation when the case is in the standard layout.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Is there a way to mount a gpu vertically in the standard orientation? Specifically a 1-1.2 slot waterblocked gpu? It looks as if it would fit based on the video, just curious if there is a bracket to support the gpu's I/O in the vertical orientation when the case is in the standard layout.
If you look at the first post in the thread, way way down there's a render of a GPU in the "traditional" layout that's verticle, so the I/O ports are facing downward.... Unless you're asking if the IO ports could be placed at the top, in which case, smack me and tell me to shut up, lol.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
If you look at the first post in the thread, way way down there's a render of a GPU in the "traditional" layout that's verticle, so the I/O ports are facing downward.... Unless you're asking if the IO ports could be placed at the top, in which case, smack me and tell me to shut up, lol.
I think I see which one your talking about, but I dont mean vertical in the sandwich layout, i meant vertical in the traditional mid tower style way. Lol i should just post a picture.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I think I see which one your talking about, but I dont mean vertical in the sandwich layout, i meant vertical in the traditional mid tower style way. Lol i should just post a picture.
OOOOOOH! I get what you're saying. So if the motherboard tray/plate was aligned with a more traditional layout (toward one of the side panels) and not the orientation of the actual chassis. I see I see. Yeah, that's a good question. I would assume since the I/O had a hole in the bottom of the chassis that would still remain the same, but I definitely could be wrong. Sorry for the confusion, that's my fault. I probably shouldn't try to be helpful after a 13 hour day and 4 hours of sleep. :/

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Hey @TaylorChiller

Just created an account to post here, can't wait for the case pre-order.
Went trough the whole thread, didn't saw if you mentioned different options for front IO, will there be available ones for launch ? Or even buy later on?
As an audio enthusiast, I will definitely not going to use it.

Maybe the front 3.5 jacks, the space could be used for some custom case badge that would plug into those jacks.

Reactions: TaylorChiller