Log Skyreach 4 Mini 1070 build

JTF91

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the sff world and would appreciate any help getting started in the area.

I've just bought an NFC Skyreach 4 mini and plan on transferring the guts from my current mini ITX build into it, though was unsure of compatibility. The components are as follows:

* Asus Z270i Strix
* Intel i7 7700
* MSI Aero ITX GTX 1070
* HyperX Predator 2x8 DDR4 2666
* WD Black 500GB NVME SSD

I'm mainly wondering if there will be any issues physically fitting the gpu in, I've searched around but couldn't find anyone with the same one in a S4. It has the 8 pin power connector on the side instead of the top so I thought that might interfere with going brickless?

The second thing I'm looking for confirmation on is that I've chosen the correct power supply. I've gone and ordered a HDPlex 400W AC-DC and a Dell 330W power brick - as far as I was able to tell that will both fit inside the mini and run all my hardware.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions anyone has that might help.

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the sff world and would appreciate any help getting started in the area.

I've just bought an NFC Skyreach 4 mini and plan on transferring the guts from my current mini ITX build into it, though was unsure of compatibility. The components are as follows:

* Asus Z270i Strix
* Intel i7 7700
* MSI Aero ITX GTX 1070
* HyperX Predator 2x8 DDR4 2666
* WD Black 500GB NVME SSD

I'm mainly wondering if there will be any issues physically fitting the gpu in, I've searched around but couldn't find anyone with the same one in a S4. It has the 8 pin power connector on the side instead of the top so I thought that might interfere with going brickless?

The second thing I'm looking for confirmation on is that I've chosen the correct power supply. I've gone and ordered a HDPlex 400W AC-DC and a Dell 330W power brick - as far as I was able to tell that will both fit inside the mini and run all my hardware.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions anyone has that might help.

Where did you see a brickless build with the Dell 330W / how did you come to the conclusion that it would fit? I have never seen or heard of this being attempted before.

There is a GPU compatibility spreadsheet here:

The Aero 1070 is not compatible for a brickless build. I don't think it would even work with the alternate orientation with the AC-DC at the top, but not 100% sure.

JTF91

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2020
Bad wording on my part. I meant that I didn't go the brickless route because I didn't think my card would fit, thanks for confirming. Also thanks for the spreadsheet that is beyond helpful.

Just wanted confirmation that the HDPlex unit and the Dell brick was what I needed to power the system. These sff power supplies confuse me.

vvv

Trash Compacter
Nov 1, 2018
Bad wording on my part. I meant that I didn't go the brickless route because I didn't think my card would fit, thanks for confirming. Also thanks for the spreadsheet that is beyond helpful.

Just wanted confirmation that the HDPlex unit and the Dell brick was what I needed to power the system. These sff power supplies confuse me.

Ah yea, in that case you should be fine with that GPU. With 330W you should be fine. I've been using the HDPlex DC-ATX running brickless so I don't have personal experience, but I have seen others use that Dell brick. Building a S4M was definitely a change of pace compared to your typical ITX build.