Power Supply SFX PSU solid with sleeved cables?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
I was about to buy a Corsair SF750 PSU, mainly because it has sleeved cables out of the box. I was wondering if there were any other SFX PSU in the 750W+ range that came with sleeved cables as standard?

Reactions: Overtek

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Interesting, I was wondering if there was an interest in Platinum 1000W units SFX-L or whether Platinum 700/750/800W SFX-L would do.

What price for a 1000W Platinum would folk like? Would sub £125exVat be of interest?. (think silverstone with a different sticker and no fancy box)

Cabling flat Ok or sleeved prefered?

Sorry it's not the answer to your question, you just reminded me that I should see what folk fancy in SFX.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
I don't mind

From my perspective flat cabling is nearly always, in my experience, stiff and difficult to route in cramped SFF PC cases. It could be better now but I somehow doubt it.

I think 1000W is overkill in an SFF PC, 750W is more than enough. I think people would be more interested in a 750W Titanium efficiency PSU with sleeved cables.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
As far as I know, Lian Li's SP750 does come with braided cables. Although their SATA, Molex cables in the set are not braided, only the CPU 8 Pin, 24 Pin and 2x PCIe cables.

Seasonic's Focus SPX, are also braided, but only the white unit.

Silverstone also sells braided cables as an optional purchase, for most, if not all of their PSUs (SFX and SFX-L included).

Reactions: Kit

makoto14

Chassis Packer
Jul 19, 2021
Interesting, I was wondering if there was an interest in Platinum 1000W units SFX-L or whether Platinum 700/750/800W SFX-L would do.

What price for a 1000W Platinum would folk like? Would sub £125exVat be of interest?. (think silverstone with a different sticker and no fancy box)

Cabling flat Ok or sleeved prefered?

Sorry it's not the answer to your question, you just reminded me that I should see what folk fancy in SFX.
my niche dream would be a PSU that could support a 500-600w max load but have a ton of headroom so the fans never spin up. With a 3080 and 5800x I feel the sf750 fan does spin up from time to time. Cabling wise whatever is fine as long as its modular, vented or mesh panels make it hard to tell the difference anyway and i get custom cables anyway.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
I don't mind

From my perspective flat cabling is nearly always, in my experience, stiff and difficult to route in cramped SFF PC cases. It could be better now but I somehow doubt it.

I think 1000W is overkill in an SFF PC, 750W is more than enough. I think people would be more interested in a 750W Titanium efficiency PSU with sleeved cables.
I recently built a SFX PC using a new Silverstone 700W PSU that has flat cables. They are a stiff. The best method I found for what I call "cable management" was to fold them back and forth ribbon style and wire the them. They are indeed more difficult to use.

As for 1000W SFX, I know of none, but EVGA makes an 850W SFX PSU. I am using it in my new build and cables are sleeved.

Reactions: Kit