Accessory SFF Speakers?

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Trying to find some speakers that are small, and loud, for when watching netflix on my gaming monitor with the wife.
Ideally something that can stick onto the back of the monitor (so you can't see it), and be loud/clear enough to reflect off the wall behind the monitor would be good.

I realize that small speakers generally sound terrible, but surely there must be something like a mini-soundbar or such?

Also i realise that all the audiophiles will be cringing, but I don't need any bass or amazing clarity, accuracy etc. Sound quality only needs to be on par with those (actually fairly decent to my ears) $40-50 range Logitech 2.1 systems.

EDIT: Just found out about "sound bars". If they could be mounted behind the monitor while being invisible that might do the trick...

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Just get a BOSE SoundLink mini 2

...it sounds gread and got Bluetooth and a Line input.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmyk78

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
We are using an inexpensive Sony Bluetooth soundbar when watching a movie with the missus on her laptop. We stick it behind the screen and this is just nice. It saturates past 50% of maximum volume output though, issue you might not have with the Bose (I can't comment on this brand as I do not like Bose sound signature, especially basses lol)

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I've heard good things about the Bose lineup, but in all honesty a soundbar will struggle to keep up with a 2.1 system, it's just a matter of size :)

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017
Edifier R19U? It's USB powered, but I don't know how good it is compared to other popular Edifier.
Audioengine A2+ crossed my mind but it's way over the budget.