confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The Scythe Kodati is an interesting product. Although I'd never heard of it until very recently, it was launched in mid-2014. This tiny unit piqued my interest as an option for uSFF builds - it's 34mm height is similar to the height of standard RAM modules and thus would fit in all but the smallest of cases. Today we look at this minute cooler.

Read more here.

Regack

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2015
Wow, it's smaller than the Kozuti, I didn't know this existed either. Thanks for the review, I'm still kind of snickering at "Hitachi 60gb 2.5″ 5400RPM SATA HDD (temporary!)".

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's so amazingly tiny, yet still worthwile. Hats off to Scythe for making this possible.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Wow, it's smaller than the Kozuti, I didn't know this existed either. Thanks for the review, I'm still kind of snickering at "Hitachi 60gb 2.5″ 5400RPM SATA HDD (temporary!)".

Yeah - I'm slowly funding a proper testing system (hard to do with my income!), so that drive will do for now. No fancy SSD for me :/

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
This looks incredible for some designs....like one in particular I'm thinking about.

Blowing the hot air up and out rather than down around the socket could be a real win methinks...

Thanks for the review!

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
Any chance you can part with the AM1 mounts for this cooler? I want this for my am1 system but have trouble finding a rev B version.
Can you at least scan it so I can try making my own mounts?
The Scythe Kodati is an interesting product. Although I'd never heard of it until very recently, it was launched in mid-2014. This tiny unit piqued my interest as an option for uSFF builds - it's 34mm height is similar to the height of standard RAM modules and thus would fit in all but the smallest of cases. Today we look at this minute cooler.

Read more here.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I don't have access to a scanner here, and I don't want to part up a review sample that we may need in the future. I will try sit down with sketchup or similar and model it though :)

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Nice review, very interesting product, too high for me though XD

It looks like that mounting hardware is the same as my old Mugen 2.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Apart from the AM1 mount, the bracketry looked very similar to the Big Shuriken 2 Rev B... so you could maybe use the AM1 mount on bigger scythe coolers!

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
Ressurection!

What are thoughts of reversing the 80mm fan to blow towards the cpu/mobo and then adding the Scythe 120mm slim fan on top of the heatsink? Adding the 12mm thick Scythe fan on top, creating a push-pull heatsink with an overall height of ~47mm seems ideal for the build I am planning but I am wary it will have any actual performance benefit over choosing the tried and true NH-L9I...

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Ressurection!

What are thoughts of reversing the 80mm fan to blow towards the cpu/mobo and then adding the Scythe 120mm slim fan on top of the heatsink? Adding the 12mm thick Scythe fan on top, creating a push-pull heatsink with an overall height of ~47mm seems ideal for the build I am planning but I am wary it will have any actual performance benefit over choosing the tried and true NH-L9I...

The fan in it's stock orientation is blowing towards the board and heatsink. Regarding performance, I'm of the opinion that there just isn't enough surface area on the cooler to make a large difference in push-pull config.