SFF.Network [SFF Network] More AMD Zen and Wraith Info Released

AMD's Wraith stock cooler, previewed here, and another redesigned cooler, have been launched today. The new coolers will be included with many of AMD's new FM2+ processors and APUs, as well as some current lines. AMD claims the new cooler offers near-quiet cooling, at 39dB. I suppose that one is a matter of opinion. AMD states that the new design delivers 34 percent more airflow and 24 percent more surface area for heat dissipation than its predecessor.

Read more here.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
To be honest, the Wraith looks exactly the same as the existing FX 125w heatsink, but with a different fan/shroud, so i'd expect very similar dimensions to that, with maybe an extra 5mm in height

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
To be honest, the Wraith looks exactly the same as the existing FX 125w heatsink, but with a different fan/shroud, so i'd expect very similar dimensions to that, with maybe an extra 5mm in height

5mm is A LOT! I can't seem to find the height of the stock cooler without effort.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
5mm is A LOT! I can't seem to find the height of the stock cooler without effort.

Not an exact measurement, but here the old cooler and to the left the Wraith, it looks a lot bigger.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Gordon bloody Benett how can they call that thing small? :eek:

Hm, I guess for something that should cool 125W APUs well and quietly it's acceptable, especially considering it's a stock cooler.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
they should improve a bit. The Phenom II engineering samples maxed out at quad core and hex core 2.5ghz (I ran an overclocked one for some time) whereas production models had mich higher clocks. Pretty sure they did it with Bulldozer too