SFF.Network [SFF Network] Fractal Design introduces the Define Nano S

It appears that one of the Fractal Design engineers left a Define S in the dryer too long and this is the result, the Define Nano S. The Nano S clocks in at 330mm x 203mm x 400mm (HxWXD) for a volume of 26.8L (excluding feet and protusions). For all intents and purposes the Nano S is a Define S shrunk down for Mini-ITX, the exterior design looks basically the same and the internal layout is also similar too, just with fewer slots.

Read more here.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
i kind of see a place for cases like this. its not a space most people here are in but consider a moment someone who has a large computer, they want to downsize, Chassis like this fill a space where they can move from a platform that cant really be downsized (ATX mobo, 3.5" drives, big GPU, whatever) onto a platform that can be downsized once they get bored of their not-quite-SFF chassis. For a time i think over-sized mITX cases are going to serve an important role in getting people to SFF, if for no other reason than them acting as a stepping-stone getting the core hardware (mobo, gpu, coolers, whatever) people are using down to a size that they can actually do something with in the SFF space.

TL;DR: if were going to assume most people are coming to SFF from LFF then we need to accept that oversized cases can and may well play an important role in transitioning people into an SFF community over time & remember sometimes when we look at these things their not always aimed at us, their not always preaching to the choir.

I agree I definitely think mitx cases at this size serve as "gateway" cases lol I'm sure after downsizing into something like this from a full/mid people start to think "I wonder if I can go even smaller and still maintain performance" and so another sff enthusiast is born!

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
Now that I take a second look they could have easily gone a bit smaller.. Make it only fit sfx PSUs and take out the backside space for cable management. Easily shaves off height and width..

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Watched the Video review for from TTL(Overclock3D)

You can't really do with it what it is meant for, watercooling.
Can't run dual rads and have a decent reservoir.
Can't run top AIO with ASUS Impact motherboard.

Soooo much space and such oversights!