SFF.Network [SFF Network] CRYORIG Announces the C7 low-profile heatsink

CRYORIG has officially announced the super compact C7 heatsink. Coming in at just 47mm tall, it is only 2mm taller than the stock Intel heatsink but CRYORIG is claiming up to 25% better cooling performance while staying 20% quieter. The compact dimensions are designed to stay within both the Intel and AMD keep-out zones so it should not interfere at all with RAM slots, PCIe slots, VRM heatsinks, etc.

Read more here

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
CRYORIG is claiming up to 25% better cooling performance while staying 20% quieter
I checked how Cryorig phrased it in their statement:
The C7 effectively provides 25% more cooling capacity than stock heatsinks from Intel/AMD, while being up to 20% lower in noise.
I don't understand what Cryorig means by such a statement. First the comparison of cooling capacities by percentage, and second the comparison of noise by percentage. For the former, if they are measuring the amount of energy transferred over a certain period of time in some kind of unspecified load test by each cooler and taking the ratio of them, then I suppose such number is totally random unless how much heat energy is generated per unit time, the ambient temperature, and the time period are all specified. For the latter, I have no clue what quantities they are taking the ratio of. In sones?

Anyways, this cooler will probably be a really great candidate for an LGA 115x CPU inside dondan's A4-SFX and Antec ISK-110 considering their max cooler height limit.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'd be quite interested in testing this, as I am currently running a modified stock AMD cooler due to a) High TDP, b) cost concerns and c)local retailers stopped selling the CoolerMaster Geminii M4. :/

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
This looks like an interesting cooler certainly, but I'm weary of the marketing talk. Let's see how it actually performs, then we can talk about how great it is ;)

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I don't understand what Cryorig means by such a statement. First the comparison of cooling capacities by percentage, and second the comparison of noise by percentage.
It's called marketing bullshit.
They did some lab tests then wrapped their facts in enough non-specifics to make them sound good.

Interesting cooler.
Excepting my current system which uses a passive heatsink (only forced air is from the case fans), I like to go with small coolers in any sized system (it's easier to get at the motherboard without a huge heatsink in the way), so I'll have too keep an eye on this, see what sort of performance it actually has.