Log Sanity Check on First Ever SFF Build

vester

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Aug 4, 2020
Hey all,

I've recently got my Ncase M1 (absolutely in love) and have have finally finished deciding on components! I was looking for anyone with more experience (Basically any person on here) who would be kind enough to have a look over my selection and provide any advice/comments.

I am looking at a use case of light-medium gaming @ 1440p and OS/App development (for work) on ubuntu, however I'm being more and more tempted by delving into VR so I wanted to leave potential for upgrades in future.

Case: Ncase M1
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 Liquid CPU Cooler
Mobo: MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 4000MHz
GPU: Compatible 3070/80/90 (Not certian as trying to find a reasonably priced in stock one here in Aus is taking some time...)
PSU: Corsair 750W SF750 Platinum 80+
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 + 1TB Samsung 2.5" SSD (From previous build)

Total comes to ~$2,500 AUD I'm open to any changes as long the total cost stays roughly around that but definitely some wiggle room as I intend to use this for a while and don't mind paying for quality :).

DanMas

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
The B550 motherboard leaves room for future upgrade to Ryzen 5000-series, which is nice.

The components look great overall. If you're stretching for VR and getting a RTX 3080/3090, I might also have gone for a 5800X CPU right away. Everything looks premium to be honest. It's only down to small things when you're getting these things. Do you prefer a MSI UEFI > e.g Asus, (I prefer ASUS)? What CL is your RAM? I would have aimed for 2x16GB CL16 3600MHZ~~.