RTX 3060Ti Aero alternative? Meet the DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX Edition [mod in progress]

Neathdrawls

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 28, 2021
Wanted to get one cooler (just in case I decide to make the mod in the future) today, unfortunately the item is currently out of stock on Taobao.

I have checked with the vendor and another that may have it, and they don’t know if there will be any restocks any time soon.

I guess if one is wanting to do a similar mod, you might need to wait for another pallet/box/crate load of Storm X coolers to ‘fall off’ a truck in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

SFF Guru
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Wanted to get one cooler (just in case I decide to make the mod in the future) today, unfortunately the item is currently out of stock on Taobao.

I have checked with the vendor and another that may have it, and they don’t know if there will be any restocks any time soon.

I guess if one is wanting to do a similar mod, you might need to wait for another pallet/box/crate load of Storm X coolers to ‘fall off’ a truck in the future.

damn! guess I shouldn't have posted this on Reddit... XD

did you check Aliexpress? I can't find the link just now but the cooler was also listed there...

Neathdrawls

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 28, 2021
damn! guess I shouldn't have posted this on Reddit... XD

did you check Aliexpress? I can't find the link just now but the cooler was also listed there...
Hahah, yeah! Everyone wanted to get the cooler it seems. Why Revoccase, why. Kidding.

Yes, I did check Aliexpress. They still do exist there, only at twice (closer to triple) the price.

Also, Aliexpress’ “stock” is just a guideline. They might send you a similar item that looks very much the same (like the Palit 2060 StormX cooler) instead, as I think they get their stuff from Taobao in the end (in my experience).

REVOCCASES

SFF Guru
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just as side note, but I noticed GPU prices are currently dropping over here and stock situation is also normalizing - I even found some tempting offers for the 3060Ti Aero which were not there two or three weeks ago

not sure if the offer I found is legit but this would have been cheaper than my DIY 3060Ti ITX XD

Bild_2021-10-25_155042.png

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Great find @REVOCCASES ! Thank you for the investigative work. I also saw some guy reply on the aliexpress link that it works on a RTX A4000. Its a very expensive card but if someone wants to make an itx ultimate workstation with 16gb of videoram. I would be interested to see how one performs :)

REVOCCASES

SFF Guru
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
How much taller is it over the PCB? Wondering if it could fit in a S4M brickless

The PCB is about 150 ~ 155mm long.

The whole card with the cooler has the same dimensions like the Palit StormX:

Deathrow

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2020
i had a msi rtx 3060ti aero, was so loud and ran hot, tried putting a noctua on it, temps were worst. but a 3d printed shroud may help it

REVOCCASES

SFF Guru
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
i had a msi rtx 3060ti aero, was so loud and ran hot, tried putting a noctua on it, temps were worst. but a 3d printed shroud may help it

Can't complain about that. With my modded 3060Ti, noise and thermals are reasonable IMHO.

For the MSI Aero a custom fan curve and undervolting seems to help:

Benlehot

Case Bender
New User
Jan 13, 2020
Guyssss thank you so much for this thread. I have one Zotac 3060ti lhr twin edge at home and a K39 that I wanted to upgrade so bad. I'm gonna do the mod. I just ordered the fan for aliexpress.

Reactions: rfarmer

Benlehot

Case Bender
New User
Jan 13, 2020