Closed RODE NTG-2 and ZOOM H4n

Status
Not open for further replies.
RODE NTG2 - $199

ZOOM H4n Personal Recorder - $125

(Item location 39532 USA - ships free in USA).

The NTG-2 is pretty much open box mint. I bought it off a guy who purchased it I guess for a backup and it was mint. I used it for a weekend, but a friend of mine ended up giving me/letting me borrow some stuff and I don't need it and would rather buy S4 MINI stuff.

The ZOOM H4n is in excellent shape and works well. I wouldn't hesitate recommending it for its X/Y mic which sounds fantastic up close or as a recorder/XLR adapter for your camera. You CAN use it with the RODE NTG-2 using either the built-in phantom power or 48v phantom power on the H4n, but I don't recommend it. Instead I recommend using an external 48v phantom power supply, which I will include free if you want to buy both for some reason. If you have MORE money then go buy the H4n PRO, as it has better pre-amps.

I recently compared all my audio equipment for my setup and consolidated what I need and didn't. You can hear this stuff in this video timestamp. No editing is done, and the quality would be much improved if you used the recorder instead of the line out into the crappy Sony a6300 pre-amp:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I may be interested in the Rode, I'll get back to you.

Was this filmed on the a6300? And if so what lens?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Yup, it is filmed on the a6300. I finally got the color dialed in right on it so I don't need to correct in post...I'm trying to make everything as quick as possible so I can crank out videos.

I use the Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art with their MC-11 adapter.

I'll probably be selling it too, as I have too much camera equipment and I am a Fuji fanboy.

Reactions: ricochet and jØrd

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ok, did some research and I'll have pass on the Rode. It's a great price but I just can't justify it.

Newegg has that Sigma on sale though so I did pick it up, looks like a great lens. Have you had good luck with the MC-11 adapter?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
The NTG2 is not really for small set audio voice-overs. I'm using the shotgun that was given to me for outdoor and stuff in the shop and for more documentary scenes.

The MC-11 is definitely worth the price of entry. On the a6300 it has no problem tracking in video AF-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.