Enclosure Replacing Silverstone GD05

DwnTwn817

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
In my family room, our gaming computer is currently using a Silverstone GD05 enclosure. After building a new office computer with the DAN-A4, I want to build a new gaming computer for the family room. However, space limitations on the vertical axis really hampers my choices of cases. I was hoping y'all, the more knowledgeable people, could give me some ideas. Ideally I'd like to fit full-size GPUs; however, I'd be okay with any case that can fit a twin-fan card (3070, etc.). Noise level and thermals are important to some extent.

The dimensions below take into account leaving extra space around the enclosure for air flow, etc.:
  • H: 203mm (8-inches)
  • W: 558mm (22-inches)
  • D: 355mm (14-inches)
I tried the Silverstone SUGO 15, but the fit was too tight and I was unable to access the USB ports, power button, etc. since they're located on the top of the case. I was thinking the Silverstone SG13, but wanted other options to look into. Any ideas or suggestions? Sliger CL530 maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, price is not really a concern. Anything less than 200 USD would be suitable.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The dimensions below take into account leaving extra space around the enclosure for air flow, etc.:
  • H: 203mm (8-inches)
  • W: 558mm (22-inches)
  • D: 355mm (14-inches)
For your stated dimensions, how about Golden Field N1 and N2? They are relatively cheap as well.
Both are 202 (H) x 260 (W) x 328 (H).
If the vertical dimension is the critical one, the 202mm seems to take the most advantage of the limit 203mm.