Remove polls from threads?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Is it possible to remove polls from threads already? I don't seem to be able to add additional polls to a thread either.
I know you can let a post expire, but that will keep it around, you just won't be able to vote on it anymore, right?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

For me if I go to the poll Edit button there's an option at the bottom to delete and then I can create a new poll.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I can confirm that I can't see a delete option, either. You can put a time-to-close on it, but that just freezes voting.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I tried with the test account and it had the delete option. Maybe try deleting the poll title and choices and save changes?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I can't. I can only add choices and change the options at the bottom, but neither change the question nor remove choices. :(
Maybe there's a permission issue somewhere?

Last edited:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The test account has the same permissions as a regular user (because it is one). I think it's something to do with either votes have already been cast or the poll is closed. Let me experiment with it today and see what I can do.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Oops, forgot about this. I did some more experimenting and I'm still not sure why it won't allow you to delete the poll. Do you want me to delete the one from the Flex PSU thread for you in the meantime?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
And if it wasn't clear, if something needs to be changed in your own topic post and you can't for some reason, just drop us a PM and we'll sort it out !