Enclosure Red Alert! Caselabs is coming back!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Red alert! SFF's nemesis is coming back!
We all know Caselabs is known for making high quality PC enclosures but usually of humongous proportion.

The California company went bankrupt (due to US tariffs) in 2018 but is now being resurrected by a new owner in Sweden.
I imagine very few of us will be interested. However, in the new website (note the .se at the end of the address), their FAQ says something that is of interest to us all. That is,

High standard of manufacturing should still be there.
Shipping cost should be lower for EU customers but higher for North America's.

Reference:- https://caselabs.se/

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
My first PC enclosure ever was a Mercury S3. It was most excellent. It's the only piece of gear I regret getting rid of.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Caselabs were one of the few, if not only, that made cases using thick aluminum in simple straight shapes, with plenty of space. Modular parts, circular holes for fans, no bullshit anywhere. Ticked all boxes for me. Looking forward to the day they can re-launch (probably next year now).

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
very very little movement since when this website was put up actually. I joined their new discord a while back but I think it's dead now. if somebody has more info on this please share.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
very very little movement since when this website was put up actually. I joined their new discord a while back but I think it's dead now. if somebody has more info on this please share.
From what I read, they are still in the phase of finding someone to make 3D models of the cases from 2D DXF files. So yeah, who knows how it ends.

Reactions: thelaughingman