Question to anyone who has imported an SFF case to their country...

n13L5

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 20, 2017
How long did your customs take to give your box back to whatever parcel carrier was used?

My S4 tracking said it had "cleared customs" (200 miles from me), and since then, no updates have been made to tracking - it also said tracking switches from Taiwanese Postal Service to DHL, but clicking on the DHL link (given right above the package info) fetches nothing.

So, I have no way of figuring out where it is right now, or if its moving at all.

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
I have imported a few items from other countries.

My PSU took 13 days, from posting to my door, no fees applied.
My In Win choppin took 113 days and i paid 60% importing fee.

n13L5

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 20, 2017
Mine has "arrived in destination country" by Taiwanese Postal Service and appears to be in the hands of DHL.

DHL tracking has not been updated for 11 days now - from a location that's usually 1 or 2 days from arriving at my house.
So its sitting somewhere, not moving.

DHL has new rules, where you can actually request an investigation if tracking has not updated for more than 5 days.
So I just requested that investigation...

It used to be that you had to wait 6 friggin weeks with them, before you could request an investigation.
I guess they got smart and figured out that investigations will more likely meet success, if the package hasn't been gone for a month and a half already...

Reactions: Soul_Est

drunker

Trash Compacter
Apr 25, 2017
You might have run into a problem. DHL is usually the quickest international postal service out there. The last time i shipped some products from china. It only took like 3 days to get to LA.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
use their contact form to ask if they are are given tracking visibility on their side (have your order number ready), but contact DHL first.
https://www.sfflab.com/pages/contact-us

EDIT: that being said, a few buyers receive surprise deliveries after some short length of radio silence, so at least keep your door open (so to speak)

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
My new Skyreach mini took 2 weeks to Australia. Tracking was hard because it was just Taiwan tracking, said it had left for country of destination. I was going to allow 3-4 weeks but it showed up in 2 with no Taiwanese tracking update until the day it arrived, from memory.

Reactions: VegetableStu