Advice Productivity and gaming Rig for a 3D/Game artist.

Nighty

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 8, 2024
Hi Guys,

Nooby here. I’m trying to have some help and insight on my first build that I would like to create for my productivity and gaming setup. I wanted to wait a year still to do this but my pc decided to have so many problems for the past year.

My actual PC is in a Ncase M1 (I’m not the one who built it). I had it for 5 years. One of my components makes my graphic cards disconnect and push the fan at 100% (So basically crash). After trying to change the GPU, AIO and PSU, reinstalling windows etc. I still have issues and I’m done trying to find the cause and would like to build my own setup so I can learn how to actually build/rebuild my pc. I would like this setup to run for at least the next 5 years and more.

The only mandatory things that I need for this PC are :

- It need to be under my desk like what optimum did with a desk mount (My Ncase is actually like this)

- To have the most RAM possible as I’m a game artist I run multiple software (that take a lot of memory) and Game engine like UE at the same time .

- I would like to keep the GPU for a really long period of time before upgrading so i would like something stable. (If my current pc was running correctly i would have kept my 2080ti FE)

- It needs to keep all the drives that I currently have internally which are 2 NVME and 2 SSD.

- Not mandatory but I have a brand new NZXT AIO with two Noctua NF-A12. if I can keep them to spare some money it would be cool otherwise I will probably sell my previous entire setup. Also If I can travel with it since i’m moving country a lot it’s a plus (Otherwise I’ll buy a custom suitcase for it)

- I’ve been really intrigued by MR Mat Lee setup in the New Lian LI DAN A3. I was thinking of going with this case since it’s a bigger volume and it still fit under my desk and looks more manageable than ITX for a first build.

Here are the components I was thinking :
  • Lian Li Dan Cases A3
  • MSI B650M PROJECT ZERO
  • Thermalright ASF BLACK V2 AM5
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
  • Asus 850W ROG Loki
  • Team T-Create Expert 96GB
  • Samsung SSD Interne 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 (1 To)
  • Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 (4 To)
  • Samsung SSD interne 860 QVO 2.5’’ SATA (2 To) X2
  • Lian-Li Lian Li GALAHAD II 360
  • Noctua NF-A12x25 X 2
  • dreambigbyray CUSTOM cable GPU
  • dreambigray customcable PSU
  • ARCTIC P12 Max X7
  • ARCTIC 4-Pin

- I’ve also been really inspired by Devyn Johnston Productivity build and the Meshroom S. Since there is a step by step and tons of videos online on this build i’m more comfortable to build in this one but I'm not sure where to fit the two SSD. I also thought about the JIMU D+ v2.0 package D3 since it’s a 14.8L case.

- I’m also hesitant to build the EIGA setup in the FormDT1 since it looked really optimized but i’m not sure i can fit my two SSD too.

If you have any advice or pointer on all of those builds and things to take in consideration in my case I'll be more than grateful 🙏 Thank you :)