Matrox Video Announces LUMA Graphics Cards

Image Credit Matrox

MONTREAL — April 27, 2023 — Video technology innovator Matrox Video today announced the launch of its new Matrox LUMA series of graphics cards with Intel Arc GPUs. The series consists of three single-slot cards: the LUMA A310, a low-profile fanless card; the LUMA A310F, a low-profile fanned card; and the LUMA A380, a full-sized fanned card. Matrox Video developed the LUMA range to satisfy significant demand in the mainstream graphics market for driving multiple screens, with a balance between size, reliability, and performance for different applications. The new LUMA series is aimed at...

Continue reading...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This is an awesome partner for Intel's lineup right now, there needs to be a product for more than a few displays without high power draw or cost.

Reactions: mknrls and alexep7

vinnyoflegend

Trash Compacter
Mar 18, 2022
Very cool to see the Matrox brand pop up again. Has anyone found any MSRP info? Also curious what the performance level of the A310f is compared to say, RX 6400. There doesn't seem to be any A310 benchmark info in general.

It's safe to assume it is a cut down A380 which is equivalent or slightly better than the RX 6400, but by how much?

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Yep the A310 uses the same ACM-G11 as the A380 but cut down shaders etc
A310 = 768 shaders / 32 TMUs / 16 ROPs / 96 EUs / 6 RT cores || 64-bit memory interface
A380 = 1024 shaders / 64 TMUs / 32 ROPs / 128 EUs / 8 RT cores || 96-bit memory interface

Given the A380 is similar in performance to the RX6400 I'd expect the A310 to be half to two-third of the performance, but only if you have ReBAR enabled.

The key differentiators will be:
1) A310/A380 both include encode/decode support for VP9/AV1/H264/H265 where the RX6400 has NO encoder at all,
2) A310/A380 has 4 outputs enabled, where the RX6400 is limited to a single DP and single HDMI, and
3) MSRP / actual pricing

Reactions: Phuncz and Revenant

vinnyoflegend

Trash Compacter
Mar 18, 2022
Ah, thanks for the extra detail. I had watched a couple of benchmark videos and it seemed that the A380 was lead or was keeping up with the RX 6400 in some games but saw another review video where it trailed in all but a few games where it lead. Most of theses were from 6-9 months ago so it's unclear if there were any driver performance issues.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Ah, thanks for the extra detail. I had watched a couple of benchmark videos and it seemed that the A380 was lead or was keeping up with the RX 6400 in some games but saw another review video where it trailed in all but a few games where it lead. Most of theses were from 6-9 months ago so it's unclear if there were any driver performance issues.
Intel has supposedly made some major strides in driver improvements since release so older reviews are less representative of what you'd get now.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Intel has supposedly made some major strides in driver improvements since release so older reviews are less representative of what you'd get now.

If I can get Intel to send us a press sample, I'd happily run newer benchmarks.