Portable Monitor Questions

SFF Scrub

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
So I'm looking into portable monitors and I'm curious as to if anyone has a walk-through on basically the whole topic ((power options, controller options, (this might be stupid but) different power draws for higher grade panels?)). Thanks for the help homies B)

Also I was looking around on taobao, any advice on how to "correctly" navigate that site?

Reactions: Biowarejak

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Getting an IPad screen and attaching it to a lamp arm is pretty legit. You can move it closer to your face to make it easier to game on and for productivity. I use mine as a secondary display on my laptop as a dedicated preview window in Premiere and I also game on it a bit if Im using my main screen for something else (Like watching movies or netflix).

You also have options like USB monitors (GeChic, Asus, etc.) that come in various panel types (VA, IPS, TN) and can be found with USB only interfaces, USB-C, HDMI, DP, and mDP connections.

The other option is to find a laptop panel and use a driver board to DIY one up. DIY Perks on youtube has a nice video on how he made a portable battery powered version using an old laptop panel, driver board, and some batteries to get it mobile.

Reactions: Biowarejak