Poll: What area within your SFF case needs the most improvement?

What area within your SFF case needs the most improvement? (top two)

• Cable Management

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Air Flow

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • GPU Support

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • PSU Size

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Component Accessibility

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • AiO Support

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other (write in comments)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • mATX Support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EpicBlob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Hi again! Huge thanks for everyone who replied to my Q&A, got really great insight on cases and several trends within the replies. Finishing up the research component of my project (next up will be concept development) and want to get more specific data on thoughts on your cases. Question is in the poll, what area within your SFF case needs the most improvement? Can choose two, or other (feel free to write why as a reply)

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2017
I've been a bit unhappy about this since I bought the case (Node 202) - it's big enough to fit a MicroATX board, which would allow me to upgrade to Threadripper, but it's every so slightly too small to properly fit the necessary cooling. Oh, and cable management is nonexistent.

Reactions: EpicBlob

EpicBlob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
it's big enough to fit a MicroATX board, which would allow me to upgrade to Threadripper, but it's every so slightly too small to properly fit the necessary cooling.

Thanks for the reply, added an option for mATX support given Threadripper supports that size and there aren't too many SFF mATX systems. I've got the 202 too, haven't built it yet but did notice the cable management seems nonexistent.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I chose component accessibility; my case is NFC's S4 Mini Classic. This is because opening the side panel requires 6 screws, and while it's not easy to strip the holes due to its build quality, I still cringes everytime the holes and the panel doesn't line up and I'm screwing non-straight. I'f imagine a case for SFF enthusiasts such as this, the owner would be more likely to open it up to change stuff or manage cables etc, so an easy to access side panel would be huge plus.

Magnets have come a long way; I think a combination of one or two screws and magnets would be a nice way to secure side panels.

Reactions: SeñorDonut