Planning on downsizing

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Hello all, first post, and curious SFF lover, but I am thinking of downsizing my current system whilst trying to keep as much as possible. I don't mind altering some things like storage, PSU, AIO, and such. Specifications are-
i5-9600K, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, AsRock Phantom ITX Z390 motherboard, 2.5" Kingston A400, 3.5" 1TB BarraCuda and 2TB FireCuda, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition(270mm), EVGA G2 ATX Modular PSU rated for 750W, Corsair H110i Pro 240mm rad, and lastly, the case I'm looking to downsize from is the Corsair Air 240, which is now outdated(still looks nice, but then again, it's not for sale from major retailers), but I'd like to be able to toss the PC up on the desk.

Any ideas to alter my build for a new system would be nice. I have no literal preference, but any suggestions are appreciated.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome aboard! Have you any preferences on new case style?

Also hard drives in a desktop... have you considered building a NAS with your old system?

Reactions: Biowarejak

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Welcome aboard! Have you any preferences on new case style?

Also hard drives in a desktop... have you considered building a NAS with your old system?
I have no idea at all, but I have caught a liking of the new SFF case by Thor Zone, the MJOLNIR, at 9.7L, and while it is pricey for a premium unique case, it is nice. I did also take liking of the Cougar QBX, but then again, I'm not sure. I could change out the 3.5" drives for one 2.5" and M.2 SSD, maybe two. The old system, however... I am transferring my system into the new case, rendering the 3.5" drives, PSU(if not supported), and possibly AIO useless in the new case.
Edit: I did pull the trigger on the MJOLNIR case. I am a little too quick on the mind sometimes, but I hope it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
The MJOLNIR is an impressive looking case, if you haven't seen it yet here is a review on it.

I just watched it and while I understand the flaws of the case, I am perfectly content with what I might run into as I am running a current system that's kinda like a tier lower, like what I mean is not i7 or --80 series Nvidia GPU, but that is fine with me, as it will be stock clocks for the most part.