CPU PCIe x16 3.0 riser cable for GPU that's a ribbon not a blanket?

Lux

Cable Smoosher
Aug 8, 2020
If I understand correctly, you are looking for more of a standard cable solution rather than a ribbon.

Its pricy but I think the best solution would be the GPU risers made by Comino. It uses a newer connection called OCuLink, which is becoming common with server hardware.
https://comino.com/en/risers/

Good luck with your project.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
If I understand correctly, you are looking for more of a standard cable solution rather than a ribbon.

Its pricy but I think the best solution would be the GPU risers made by Comino. It uses a newer connection called OCuLink, which is becoming common with server hardware.
https://comino.com/en/risers/

Good luck with your project.

The Comino riser has a MOQ of 100 :(

Lux

Cable Smoosher
Aug 8, 2020
The Comino riser has a MOQ of 100 :(

I searched and couldn't find anything on their site or elsewhere that states that. Did you request a quote from them to find that out. I believe you, I'm just curious.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I searched and couldn't find anything on their site or elsewhere that states that. Did you request a quote from them to find that out. I believe you, I'm just curious.

Yeah, I asked for a quote a while ago... It's a shame because many cases could benefit from this riser!

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 29, 2019
I am looking for Something like this PCI-E x16 3.0 Black Extender Riser Cable 300mm but with the ribbons stacked instead of in parallel

Any Suggestions?

Would it be a huge performance hit to use a PCIe 3.0 x4 to x16 cable ?

Planning to put a passive GPU ( GeForce® GTX 1650 KalmX ) in empty upper space my Sff and don't want to cover up everything...
Where are you getting the 1650 KalmX, Ive been looking for one for a project, I dont even need the cooler, I need it for its ludacrisly small pcb.

Kommando

Average Stuffer
Dec 19, 2020
I wonder why no one sells those Comino-Risers.
I need them for my Sliger CL530. Would really help with thermals. The ribbon style riser blocks nearly a whole fan.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I wonder why no one sells those Comino-Risers.
I need them for my Sliger CL530. Would really help with thermals. The ribbon style riser blocks nearly a whole fan.
Price I'm assuming. Only price i've seen quoted is €99 and I'm not sure at what MOQ that is. And tbf, that's quite cheap, just 2 of those x8 Oculink cables alone tend to cost around €100 already.

Kommando

Average Stuffer
Dec 19, 2020
That's a steep price indeed. But it wouldn't differ much from the price of the normal cables.

PS: MOQ is minimum order quantity. :/