Overpushing a 180W PSU?

sundervart

Case Bender
Original poster
Jun 14, 2018
Hello,

So, I have currently a system built in a inWin 901, but since I really don't game anymore, im planing on ditching my big gpu and to build my system inside a tiny inWin h frame mini.

The real question here is, can the psu that comes with the case (180W bronze) powerup my 1800x without oveclock (Its currently OC) and some cheap vga (Could use some single slot LP recomendations btw)? I know what you thinking already, what kind of madman want to put this processor in such a low power PSU with such a crap gpu? lol but I'm really happy with this cpu and I actually make use of it and I would rather keep it if possible.

I researched some way of changing the PSU, but the info is confusing online. some say its flex ATX, others say its smaller and proprietary.

Other solution is to choose another case, I really like the h frame mini but if you know some little case that are good looking with a windows side panel go ahead and give me some advice.

Thank you!

Reactions: confusis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
180w should be just enough depending on the GPU choice. You're obviously limited to single slot, low profile GPUs, which helps whittle down the selection some.

From my googling, the PSU in that case is proprietary. However, you could run an external power brick and a KMPKT/ Gunique/HDPlex internal DC-DC solution to increase headroom a bit!

Reactions: Biowarejak

sundervart

Case Bender
Original poster
Jun 14, 2018
Yes it will be probably a 1030 which consumes 30W. Would prefer a 1050 but I cant see one that fits. probabbly the inno3d version with some mods. Will research on the subject. Thank you...

Will try with the case psu and if its too short on power, the hdplex is a good solution.

Reactions: Biowarejak