GPU Overclocking RTX A4000

ExtremeDetailer

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 19, 2023
Hey, you all!

First of all, I want to say that I'm thankful for this community, it makes my inspiration and brainstorming for pc cases a lot more less headache. Unfortunately, I'm at another conflict, because I want to build a sub 5l build with a RTX A4000 which has a low tdp. The problem is that I have a 4k 144 Hz panel that I atleast sought to cover some 75 fps on all titles.

Now how do I make this possible? The A4000 performs similar to a 3070 in OC but that's not enough. Is it possible for me to overclock its current potential, with a shunt mod? How can I do this shunt mod? Should I be doing a shunt mod?

Now a second choice is to buy a RTX 3080 which is to say the least hot, and not really good for sub 5l case. So... What should I buy, or do you have any other recommendations?

Sincerely

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
You can't really overclock the A4000 very much. I have some experience there. Best case, when OC'd the A4000 performs about 10% better than a 3060Ti, but NOT as good as a 3070. I'm not sure if would meet your goals. You are probably better off with a 3080.

Should you shunt mod an A4000? That's an extremely risky proposal and I haven't actually seen anyone achieve it. Most folks have shunt modded the A2000.
Started a thread to ask that question over here = https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...i-performance-in-3060ti-aero-footprint.18180/

Last edited:

ExtremeDetailer

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 19, 2023
Thank you for replying, I understand you are also curious to wether it is doable. My reasons are to fit it in a small case 😅 but the 3080 is already small so I think I'm alright heading that direction. Thanks for the help!