Discussion NR200 Advice needed - drain-port & Highest point

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
I've been watching a lot of beginners guide on custom loop builds and I'm doing a "similar" build like this. Not the same theme though but I do have the same pump+red combo, vertical mounted GPU and rad at the bottom from EK. The end result will look something like this but with soft-tubes.

According to many enthusiast pc builders, drain port needs to be placed at the lowest point in the loop.

My first thought was to put the drain port on the radiator facing to the right. Then I could flip the case 90 degree so the drain port is the lowest point when needed to flush or drain the system.

But what about the highest point? I saw a video from JayzTwoCents where he needed to open the highest point in order to drain the system where the gravity took over and water came out.

What I'm basically asking for is where and how mould you drain a system like this?

Thanks,

Reactions: absolutelyderek

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I would just remove one of the caps from the top of the reservoir, not quite the top but pretty close.
literally the point of having a dedicated reservoir!

@Arapaima just use the top of the reservoir to fill until the coolant stops moving, close the cap, prime the pump and turn off just before all the coolant is gone from the reservoir tube. then repeat until the loop is full

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
literally the point of having a dedicated reservoir! @Arapaima just use the top of the reservoir to fill until the coolant stops moving, close the cap, prime the pump and turn off just before all the coolant is gone from the reservoir tube. then repeat until the loop is full

So far so good :) But what about the drain-port? Do you agree to put it on the radiator or somewhere else?