nPrime

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I can't wait to see all of this come together !

That blue PCB WD "Black" is so immensely infuriating. And it's not like they couldn't have done a proper WD Green with green PCB, WD Blue with blue PCB, WD Black with black PCB and yes, even a WD Red with red PCB for our insane NAS needs.

I am looking at a Kryo M.2 Passive cooler, as it looked good and also would hide any unsightly non matching (Green or Blue) PCBs.
Also seems pretty inexpensive too

@NRG, that really does look good with the Noctua cooler - the NH-D9L by the look of it.
If I hadn't just bought a Cryorig C7 for my ITX rig, I would definitely have got a NH-D9L (NH-U9S didn't seem to work for me for some reason), and probably will when I move case and OC my i5.
Is that fan a standard width one?
Although it's a waste, I would consider replacing the supplied fan with a 92mm Redux to match the one I already have lined up as an exhaust fan at the rear of my case build.

Reactions: NRG

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
@NRG i LOVE the build. Stuning. What camera are you using?

Glad you approve :) It's a Canon EOS 700D, It's nothing special!

Nice long-exposure photos !

I tell ya, Getting that shot right was a pain in the rear. I've shot long exposure before, But in a poorly lit shed with lights from the PC being the only light source... >_>

Very nice build indeed! Well thought out with the colours on it.

I was half tempted to get an LED strip but between the GPU and the MoBo LED's I think it's just enough subtle light to not be over doing it!

I am looking at a Kryo M.2 Passive cooler, as it looked good and also would hide any unsightly non matching (Green or Blue) PCBs.
Also seems pretty inexpensive too

@NRG, that really does look good with the Noctua cooler - the NH-D9L by the look of it.
If I hadn't just bought a Cryorig C7 for my ITX rig, I would definitely have got a NH-D9L (NH-U9S didn't seem to work for me for some reason), and probably will when I move case and OC my i5.
Is that fan a standard width one?
Although it's a waste, I would consider replacing the supplied fan with a 92mm Redux to match the one I already have lined up as an exhaust fan at the rear of my case build.

That M.2 Cooler actually looks pretty cool! However, You can't even see my M.2 behind my GPU :') The Fan on the NH-D9L is standard width, 25mm. I'm considering it, So's not to upset the overall aesthetics of the build. If the thermals are unacceptable from my overclocking, I'll most likely buy two Redux fans and slap them on the CPU cooler. That will be decided after overclocking though.