Non boutique case suggestions with direct PCI-E connection

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
So... This is hard to swallow... My RVZ03 riser card was the culprit of my new system instability, and the hassle of proofing it to the distributor proved to be a huge time waster. My Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro wifi and Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT just won't play nice with Silverstone RVZ03 riser card. Buying a standalone riser card proved to be futile as well because of the length of the riser cable won't fit inside the case and the GPU bracket blocking the cable.

So to make things simpler and keeping it still SFF-ish... I'm looking for a tower case with direct PCI-e connection like Fractal Design Define Nano S, NZXT H200, or Lian Li TU150 with some specific things:
  • Properly filtered intake.
  • Direct PCI-E GPU connection or one with replaceable/upgradeable riser cable support.
  • Storage support for 1x 3.5 HDD, 2x SSD.
  • Non boutique case like Dan Case and the likes.
I live in Indonesia, and holy mother, the cost to import those boutique cases are humongous. So here's some ITX cases that are available in my country that fits all or some of my requirement:
  • Define Nano S
  • NZXT H2xx
  • Lian Li TU150
  • Cougar QBX
  • Silverstone SG13
  • Raijintek Ophion Evo
I had built a Cougar QBX and Define Nano S. The QBX although good has zero filter and the dust accumulation within a week is quite bad. Define Nano S fits all of my bill, but I do want a tempered glass because those plastic window is scratch prone.

I like Lian Li TU150, but I wonder if the "attic" can fit a single 2.5" drive... And can H80i fits on the front intake? I see Lian Li TU150 page and it said it support mounting 120mm rad on the front intake, with the tube side facing the tempered glass.

I'm still bummed from having issue with the RVZ03, which was a dream build for me (slim vertical PC form factor)... Oh well... Life goes on.

Any suggestion folks?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Hey there,

Before reading your post I would have recommended the TU150, however personally I have not built in it.

I could have sold you my ncase as I am moving on from it, but to be honest its a little beaten up (has had many builds, has the bottom cut out of it for more airflow and dings etc. Also no filtesr haha. But it would be cheap :p....Well that and I am in Australia so Iw ould hate to think how much postage would be.

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
I could have sold you my ncase as I am moving on from it, but to be honest its a little beaten up (has had many builds, has the bottom cut out of it for more airflow and dings etc. Also no filtesr haha. But it would be cheap :p....Well that and I am in Australia so Iw ould hate to think how much postage would be.
Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't recommend anything sent from overseas without proper channel. I have to provide proof of purchase like bank transfers or bill of shipment for overseas shipment. So far only Amazon has proper channels to deal with the custom shenanigans. I bought a book from US, took 2 months and submission of proof of purchase to get it released from the custom.