Enclosure Node 304 airflow upgrade?

tigim101

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
I have a node 304 and would like to see better temps/noise on GPU/CPU. This is my current spec:

Ryzen 2600x
ASUS b450i rog strix
1080 FE
Noctua U9S
Team Dark Pro 16gb RAM
Seasonic SGX-650 PSU

My options are:
replace fans
get new cpu cooler
get new case :(

Will replacing the 92mm/140mm fans with noctua/bequiet result in better cooling performance over stock? What are the best fans to use in this case layout? Would noctua redux line work?

What's the largest/best CPU air cooler I can fit in here with my tallish memory/mobo?

Im guessing best option for GPU temps/noise other than getting a new card would be reducing case temps with case fans/better cpu cooling. This might not be that effective since it is a blower card though.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've got this case and I use it as a server with all 6 hard drive slots occupied so my use case is very different. I did upgrade the case fans, but I don't think you should.
It appears you're using the stock cooler for your CPU - a larger aftermarket cooler will definitely be the best upgrade.

It also appears you're using a blower card for your GPU - a standard top/down heatsink and cooler would be your best upgrade. You may be able to fit an Accelero3 cooler with thin Noctua (or other) fans in place of the blower heatsink and fan, but you're likely better off selling it and picking up a different used card.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I had this case about 6 years ago, and I used it with an NH-D14 along with an NVIDIA 780Ti blower. My RAM weren't tall, so I cannot speak for compatibility with yours: you gotta check but D type coolers should work in general.

I also used it with a Corsair 140mm AIO. That had worked pretty well as well. If you're up for some modding, you can even stack two AIOs to cool both the CPU and GPU. Or, easier yet, the GPU can be AIO-cooled while CPU with a big tower like the NH-U14S.