Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 11, 2020
Hello community,

I recently gathered these old cheap parts to build a future SFF Hackintosh:

- Asus P8H61-I LX R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61
- Intel Xeon E3-1225 V2 3.2 GHz Quad-Core
- KINGSTON HyperX Fury 8 Gb
- Integrated GPU (HD P4000) or cheap SFF Nvidia card...

I have done some research on the internet, and there is a lot of information available, but i couldn't get my questions answered...
So I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction, my main doubts is about the PSU:

- What wattage to buy for this little system? I read somewhere that the Xeon should use around ~65w, and the MB and RAM another ~20w, but all online PSU calculators estimates this system with >200w (is this accurate?)

- A Pico PSU would be nice and a first choice if possible, the are a lot of models on eBay...between 160w to 300w, but none refers the correct 12v AC adapter to use, even the sellers I contacted couldn't say much about this point...I also read somewhere that the wattage of the charger should be equivalent to the PSU wattage (is this true?), I question this because the maximum I could find at a reasonable price was a 120w 12v 10A, above that all I could find are Dell AC adapters 220w and they need to be modded to fit the case AC plug...

- Also I have an old case LC-Power (lc-1300mi) that I never used, I bought it 7-8 years ago and it has an 75w PSU and an external AC adapter...my guess is that its to weak for the system and I will get instability, or even it will not boot... (correct?)

Any help to my confused mind, would be appreciated ?

Regards,