Need some fan/CPU cooler advice.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
So my Cryorig C7 that's only a year and a half old is about shot. I have pets and live in a super dusty area, and I guess the fan couldn't take it. Needless to say, considering how long every single fan I've used over the past 15 or so years lasted, I am not happy.

Anyways, this means I am in the market for a new CPU cooler to fit into a Node 202 and later to transplant into my Sentry.
Given that I have a Radeon Nano, there is room for an AIO in the GPU bay, but that's a jury rig and limit to upgradability there. So, my other choice for this machine was the Samuel 17 and a slim fan, but that's not going to fit in the Sentry, so the only other cooler that comes to mind is the Noctua name I can't remember. Will that fit?

On a side note, does anyone have any tips for keeping fan bearings clean in the face of horrendous dustiness (and don't say filters, I have filters in the current case, but the Sentry doesn't)?

absolut_zero

Cable Smoosher
Feb 27, 2017
Noctua NH-L9i (for Intel) or NH-L9a (for AMD). If the Cryorig C7 fits, the Noctua NH-L9 will surely fit with is 37mm height.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
You can swap the noctua fan onto your current block.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
The Cryorig cooler only takes their snap on fan, there's no universal clips I am aware of.