My M1 v6.1's incoming, but some concerns - need some advice!

dilpico

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 23, 2021
Hello everyone, great little community here!
Planning my first SFF build with an incoming M1 v6.1 - would appreciate if I could get some advice on the following 3 concerns:

1. On the 2 intake slim Noctuas at the base of the case, does it require me to de-shroud the GPU? I will be using the EVGA 3080 XC3 and my preference is not to have to as I'm afraid I'd mess up the card. If so, should I skip the 2 fan placements?
  2. I have on order the EKWB 240 AIO Basic. Had thought to place a 92mm Noctua fan at rear of case - would this clash with the side mounting of the AIO radiator? If not, would intake or exhaust config work better for this rear fan?
  3. Planning to add on more mesh filters as my room gets pretty dusty and it seems Demcifilter filters are the popular choice. On their site, I see 2 options for side panels but not sure which is the one I should be getting: https://www.demcifilter.com/search?q=m1+v6.1
Many thanks in advance :)

MortuZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 2, 2021
I got a EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra in my M1, and there is a ~ 1cm gap or so between the GPU and Noctua NF-A12x15 fans below them, the 3080 XC3 share the same cooler, so it should be similar to mine in terms of space between GPU and fans below.

I have not been able to fit an standard 25mm thick NF-A9 in the rear of my M1 with the EK-AIO Basic 240, it might be possible if the radiator is completely pushed towards the front though, it's not been something I have tried personally.

dilpico

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 23, 2021
Thanks MortuZ! Just to confirm, your 3070 is not de-shrouded? As for the rear fan, perhaps I should just set everything first and monitor the temps, before deciding if I want to spend the $$ to test it out (if it can even fit). :D

dilpico

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 23, 2021
Looks great! Awesome cable management too....now can't wait for mine to arrive :D