Need detailed dimensions? Use Q&A on NewEgg.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
I know many times when you are planning a build out and want to use a specific part, but you need to know the exact dimensions. Might be from the bottom of a PCB to the top of a fan shroud, actual dimensions of a case (not the shipping/boxed dimensions), etc.

I was in a similar situation trying to find the dimensions of a server rack with the rack ears removed -- all the sources (including the manufacturer) reported 19" but that was obviously false (the rack spec is 19" from mounting hole to mounting hole). I emailed around (to several people who carried the case) and then in desperation posted a question on the Amazon and Newegg product page asking for the width of the case. This was last night. This morning I had 5 replies! Granted, 2 of them were people saying "I didn't measure, but I'd guess..." but I had three replies with measurements that were all close enough in range (two answers of 16.875 and one of 16.8125 inches, or less than 2mm difference on average).

If you need questions answered on a product, don't overlook this resource!

[Edit: Not shilling for Newegg, I seldom shop there because Amazon is usually cheaper on shipping. Just a good resource.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz