Ncase m1 v6 best air config

taro

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 4, 2019
Hello all,

Ability to mount PSU in the different way by default, opens an option to use Noctua C14S for masses without too much hassle.
Can anyone please confirm that this is the best air config in Ncase M1 v6?

• GPU with Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3
  • Two 120x25mm fans underneath Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3
  • Rear 92x25mm fan
  • Noctua C14S CPU heatsink
  • NF-A14 140x25mm fan which comes with C14S mounted underneath heatsink
  • Two 120x25mm side fans - I have most doubts about this bullet. Will it fit?
Is there anything extra I will need to fit everything in Ncase M1? Previously it was necessary to contact Noctua to get brackets, but now I don't think anything extra will be needed.

Thanks in advance

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hello all,

Ability to mount PSU in the different way by default, opens an option to use Noctua C14S for masses without too much hassle.
Can anyone please confirm that this is the best air config in Ncase M1 v6?

• GPU with Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3
  • Two 120x25mm fans underneath Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3
  • Rear 92x25mm fan
  • Noctua C14S CPU heatsink
  • NF-A14 140x25mm fan which comes with C14S mounted underneath heatsink
  • Two 120x25mm side fans - I have most doubts about this bullet. Will it fit?
Is there anything extra I will need to fit everything in Ncase M1? Previously it was necessary to contact Noctua to get brackets, but now I don't think anything extra will be needed.

Thanks in advance
You can't mount 25mm fan on the side bracket with the NH-C14S, you can mount a 15mm fan. With the ATX bracket with SFX adapter bracket you were able to use 2 x 15mm fans but I am unsure with the new front mounting if that is still the case.

Reactions: Cristian and taro

taro

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 4, 2019
You can't mount 25mm fan on the side bracket with the NH-C14S, you can mount a 15mm fan. With the ATX bracket with SFX adapter bracket you were able to use 2 x 15mm fans but I am unsure with the new front mounting if that is still the case.
I see, it was possible with C14, but it has 10mm lower height. Makes sense, ty
What about 140x25mm fan undernearth the heatsink? In v5 only 120x25mm fan was possible I believe.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I see, it was possible with C14, but it has 10mm lower height. Makes sense, ty
What about 140x25mm fan undernearth the heatsink? In v5 only 120x25mm fan was possible I believe.
You can only use 120mm if you leave the PSU in the normal position. People use the included ATX bracket along with a SFX to ATX adapter bracket to move it to the front, then you can use a 140mm fan.

Reactions: taro

bibica

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 5, 2019
Hmm, with CPU heat sink, i like Thermalright - Silver Arrow 130, you will have more choices for RAM, and in tower form, it blows the heat out of the case, I personally think it will be more efficient
I am like you, I bought the C14S Noctua :(, but I think I will buy an additional Silver Arrow 130 for comparison

With GPU heat sink, i like Raijintek Morpheus II, I'm using 980ti and it has great performance, with 2 fan 12cm (speed <1000 rpm)
same AIO use rad 120

taro

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 4, 2019
@bibica I prefer Accelero 3 over Morpheus because with Accelero 3 you can use 25mm fans. Results between two is kind of comparable Also, Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 sounds good on paper. It was announced almost year ago and availability is still super limited. I definitely don't have access to it

Reactions: rfarmer

bmacc

Trash Compacter
Apr 23, 2019
I’m currently using a Noctua U9S with two 92mm fans attached to the heatsink itself set for intake, when the 92mm was attached to the rear of the case as intake it was louder than as exhaust. Then I have two Noctua a12x25 below the Accelero III set as exhaust. Keeps the 9900k and 5700XT running cool.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I’m currently using a Noctua U9S with two 92mm fans attached to the heatsink itself set for intake, when the 92mm was attached to the rear of the case as intake it was louder than as exhaust. Then I have two Noctua a12x25 below the Accelero III set as exhaust. Keeps the 9900k and 5700XT running cool.
So the Accelero III mounts to the 5700XT with no problem?