NCase M1 V6.1 New Order arrived damaged?

staxxats

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I just got my shipment of my Ncase M1 V6.1, and all the panels show very deep circular grooves where the snap on connectors exist. Is this normal? I was kind of surprised at it -- it just looks like sloppy manufacturing that should have failed to pass quality check. Should I contact the manufacturer for a fix, or does everyone else have this problem too? See pictures below:

staxxats

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 25, 2021
Just to add some more color - the grooves are very deep and you can't tell in the pictures but there are rough edges around the circular grooves that i almost cut my fingers on. Also small metal pieces are breaking off from the panel.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The swirls are a normal effect of the deburring Lian Li uses after welding the studs, see this video:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I just checked out a few M1 reviews. Of course, a case sent out for review is likely to be cherry picked. Nonetheless, I see those circular grooves around the studs. Some are more and obvious and some are less and minimal bordering on none. So, the marks are part of the process and you have to accept it.
If those reviews are used as reference, I have to say your particular M1's circular grooves have to be on the lower end of the spectrum. Now, whether or not this still falls into the acceptable region of quality control, I have no idea. But, if a finger can be cut by sliding over the grooves, then it has to be on the borderline of rejection. (Maybe, the guy who did the job on that day had a bad day?)

Also, when you said 'small metal pieces are breaking off from the panel', you mean the part (in pic 1) along the panel edge? If so, I agree that this is an imperfection that should not be there, especially considering the M1 is a 'boutique' case.

staxxats

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 25, 2021
The swirls are a normal effect of the deburring Lian Li uses after welding the studs, see this video:

Got it thanks. I guess I'm ok with the swirls then if part of standard manufacturing process.

Also in pic 1, I have a small metal chip on the edge of the panel as you can see. Can I get a replacement of that panel please? I can send you my order number by PM if helpful, thanks!