Ncase M1 V5

chico92

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hi guys im new here and happy to be here :)
My requirements or main goal with the pc: playing WQHD @144 hz and some video editting

I am currently thinking about building the Ncase M1 v5 with the following specs and hope to get your views:
Budget is about 1500€ (germany)

cpu: ryzen 7 3700x (best value for money imo)
gpu: rx 5700 xt gigabyte oc (same)
cpu cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM ( I want an aio because of transportation issues and it has some of the best cooling as well hasnt it?)
mainboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI AMD X570 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 Mini-ITX Retail (it has m.2 pcie 4.0 which is nice and is a good mainboard overall i think?)
psu: 600 Watt Corsair SF600 Platinum (450 Watt is too low I think and this one seems pretty good)
Ram: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit (fastest ddr4 for this without any oc or so which i dont do anyway, got it from linustechtips youtube video on amd ram)
storage: 1000GB Corsair Force Series MP600 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC (CSSD-F1000GBMP600) (fastest m.2. NVME ssd currently which is perfect i guess)
case fans at the bottom: 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 120x120x15mm 450-1850 U/min 23.9 dB(A) (need some smaller because of the thick 2,5 slot gpu and think these one are the best)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HVsBPn (couldnt add the case...)

Yeah so I am looking forward to your views on this and one last question:
Do you recommend some custom cables since the case is pretty small and I want the perfect cable management without too much chaos inside?

Sry if I have some english issues I am not native

Thank you very much in advance!

couchpotato

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2019
The Corsair MP600 M.2 SSD has a very tall heatsink. You will have problem with the chipset fan/heatsink of the Gigabyte motherboard.

The Corsair SF600 comes with black sleeve cables. The length is about right for the configuration like the NCASE M1. You won't have the problem of spaghetti.

Everything else looks awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: chico92

chico92

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Thank you!

So as far as I have understood:
- two bottom fans are intake
The cpu aio will be mounted to the side as exhaust.

This should be the best setup I guess?

Anything I need to consider or set up in my bios for maximum performance (without oc)?

couchpotato

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2019
Thank you!

So as far as I have understood:
- two bottom fans are intake
The cpu aio will be mounted to the side as exhaust.

This should be the best setup I guess?

Anything I need to consider or set up in my bios for maximum performance (without oc)?
I use the same mobo. I watched Buildzoid's video on Gigabyte X570 BIOS. I went through all the options. However if you plan no OC. Good news you don't have to do much in the BIOS. Undervolt will help the CPU runs cooler and also boost the performance slightly. However, as you keep lower the Vcore, the CPU appears boost even higher in Ryzen Master, but Cinebench score will actually go down. Also, you can try LLC from 'auto' to 'standard' or 'normal'. The lower LLC might help a bit sometimes.

I have 3900X, the best undervolt for my chip is -0.05 to -0.0625v. There I get the highest Cinebench R15 score of 3244 multicore and 211 single-core. When I went further to -0.10v, the Cinebench score went down to 3050. Of course, your chip may vary.

Last edited:

chico92

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Okay. Thank you so much now the big questions is what do I build in first?
This is my first time and I want to avoid double or triple the work because of wrong steps....
If someone can help I would be really thankful. Thank yo