Solved NCase M1: Possible to mount fans on the top?

M K

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 2, 2018
Greetings,

I am currently planning a sff build with an AIO for CPU and an open-air GPU, and the M1 looks promising.
However, with an AIO I am a bit concerned about VRM cooling, so I'd like to know if it's possible to mount a fan at the top panel of the M1, directly above the motherboard.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
No. There are fan mounts on the bottom, rear, and left side panel (only on the non-windowed version).

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Greetings,

I am currently planning a sff build with an AIO for CPU and an open-air GPU, and the M1 looks promising.
However, with an AIO I am a bit concerned about VRM cooling, so I'd like to know if it's possible to mount a fan at the top panel of the M1, directly above the motherboard.
Have a look at the ghost s1. You can buy a large top hat exspansion to install a 240aio. :)
If you need even more airflow you could install a small or medium top hat in the bottom and add more fans. Don’t think that is needed though but the option is always there. That’s why I like that case so much

They Will start taking order for batch two in the end of September.
http://www.louqe.com/

Planning that myself :)

Last edited:

M K

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 2, 2018
Have a look at the ghost s1. You can buy a large top hat exspansion to install a 240aio. :)
If you need even more airflow you could install a small or medium top hat in the bottom and add more fans. Don’t think that is needed though but the option is always there. That’s why I like that case so much

They Will start taking order for batch two in the end of September.
http://www.louqe.com/

Planning that myself :)

The Ghost S1 was actually what I originally planned to build with.
But with the AIO and bottom/top fans I would need two top hats, which will make it end up costing almost $150 more than the M1...
Oh well.

Reactions: Beardedswede

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Greetings,

When I first built in my M1 I had a custom loop with 240mm radiator on the side bracket with fans set to intake, I never had any problems with my VRM. Highest temps I ever saw were 55C.

Reactions: Nanook

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I do believe I saw on someone's build that they had 3d printed a bracket that mounted to the rear 92mm slot that allowed a slim fan to mounted in the top.
I will try dig up the link.