GPU MSI Launches GTX 1070 'ITX' Series

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
Haha, it looks like they could have fit that full-size 1070 in that case!

So, going by their measurements, the card itself would fit into the Logic Supply MC600, but you probably wouldn't have room for the power connectors unless you flipped it upside down. I'm not exactly sure how flipping it around would cause the bezel on the MSI card to fit in with everything but I think it might actually make the card fit better. as you could snug a flat surface towards the edge of the case instead of the beveled side.

I am confused which orientation you are referring to because I remember you wanting to flip the graphics card in the MC600 but maybe one of these adapters but 90°d the other direction since the MSI 8pin has the retaining clip facing away from the heatsink?

I found that by scrubbing the Modified PCIe 8-pin connector thread...still reading through it though.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Your PCI-e power connectors are normally opposite of the pins of the card that plug into your PCI-e slot. By 'flipping' the card to where the fan is facing up towards the top of the case (in the MC600, at least), your card's pins are facing away from the motherboard instead of towards it like they normally would. In the MC600, your card's already 90-degrees from the 'standard' orientation where the card would be perpendicular to the motherboard.

...I feel like I'm doing a bad job of explaining this, sorry.

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
I am tracking your train of thought. Just needed clarification on the orientation you were referring to since I already knew you intended to have the fan visible from the top of the case (inverted from original orientation of MC600)

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Just got the MSI 1070 ITX. Specs are correct as listed on site: 175 x 129 x 37 mm....though that 129mm is from the bottom of the PCI bracket to the top. But regardless. Good data.

Reactions: GreatestUnKnown

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Well. Ran Furmark on it for 15 minutes. Topped off at 68C with fans going at 66%. Even at 66% this card is VERY quiet. Fans make a nice hum similar to Noctua. But there was one oddity. Zero coil whine. Why is that odd? Because I got coil whine while playing Hitman. Maybe someone can comment on this? @Josh | NFC or another??

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Just got the MSI 1070 ITX. Specs are correct as listed on site: 175 x 129 x 37 mm....though that 129mm is from the bottom of the PCI bracket to the top. But regardless. Good data.

Is the 129mm measured from the bottom of the PCIe connector?

DontPeek

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2016
Well. Ran Furmark on it for 15 minutes. Topped off at 68C with fans going at 66%. Even at 66% this card is VERY quiet. Fans make a nice hum similar to Noctua. But there was one oddity. Zero coil whine. Why is that odd? Because I got coil whine while playing Hitman. Maybe someone can comment on this? @Josh | NFC or another??

With my MSI 970 I get coil whine when the FPS is too high. Try enabling Vsync and seeing if it goes away.

Also thanks for the updates. I really like the design of this card and it seems very promising for a small, quiet build.