All credit to Videocardz and Twitter User Hongxing2020 for this. MSI is planning on releasing a “slim” version of their RTX 4060Ti. While slim in the SFF world usually means single slot, to the rest of the industry it means 2-slots; which is exactly what this card is. Of course even at 2-slots this triple fan card is overkill for a 160 watt GPU. Regardless, it’s nice to see manufacturers scaling back a bit as many SFF cases over the last decade rely on 2-slot designs.

Continue reading...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Dual slot 4070 would help in all sorts of cases, whether it needs a triple fan cooler I'm not sure
I like the idea of the prototype Asus 4060Ti with dual NVMe drives that use the 'other' 8x PCIe lanes

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
whether it needs a triple fan cooler I'm not sure

since I've recently gotten my hand on a inno3D dual slot, dual fan 4070 I can assure you it doesn't. even with the two fans it runs absolutely cool and quiet :)

I like the idea of the prototype Asus 4060Ti with dual NVMe drives that use the 'other' 8x PCIe lanes

oh yeah, that is indeed a great concept they showed

Jebus

Efficiency Noob
Jul 6, 2023
since I've recently gotten my hand on a inno3D dual slot, dual fan 4070 I can assure you it doesn't. even with the two fans it runs absolutely cool and quiet :)

oh yeah, that is indeed a great concept they showed
That's the best use case for ADA, low power machines, where the 4nm(5nm) power advantage shines. I'd still advise any buyers check the 6800 MBA (or powercolor fighter) model, also two slot and significantly cheaper in some regions.

Keep in mind though the 4070 inno3D twin dual slot reaches up to 37Dba under load compared to the 6800 and FE 4070's more palatable ~32-33.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Since there are 250mm long dual slot, dual fanned 4070's exist (Inno3D TWIN X2). this is nothing spectacular. However, more cooling with a long heatsink and triple fans are always welcome as long as it's dual slot. This could be an ideal choice for a cheap, ice cool & quiet, future proof (with the 16GB version) card for Dan A4-SFX builds.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Can I have the blower fan from the 1080 FE please?

I told the Zotac rep that if they make a RTX 4070 with the 4060 SOLO cooler, they’re basically making a “take my money” product. He agreed, but works in marketing not engineering.

SomeRandomDeafDude

Trash Compacter
Dec 4, 2019
slim

shows two slots

I mean that's definitely better than the majority of coolers out there but I was lowkey thinking single slot when I saw the article :/

oh well better than a cooler that doesn't fit specific cases right?

Reactions: k0n

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
slim

shows two slots

I mean that's definitely better than the majority of coolers out there but I was lowkey thinking single slot when I saw the article :/

oh well better than a cooler that doesn't fit specific cases right?
Wasn’t meant to be click bait. I wish it was a single slot as well. I’d also take an Aero.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Can I have the blower fan from the 1080 FE please?
No, I'm still using it on my 980Ti frankencooler setup!

As a recent Dan A4 buyer, something newer and cooler that fits it is welcome in my book.
That said, I don't buy GPUs new, so it'll be a while until it works down the used market..

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
No, I'm still using it on my 980Ti frankencooler setup!

As a recent Dan A4 buyer, something newer and cooler that fits it is welcome in my book.
That said, I don't buy GPUs new, so it'll be a while until it works down the used market..

Used 5700XTs are a good deal right now.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I have looked at used 6700XT, and 3060Ti but have paused as a free 1080 Windforce is probably coming my way