Log mITX Streamcom BC1 Build. WC Ryzen + 3090 lol

Droopz

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 5, 2020
Hey everyone. First time poster here, long time SFFPC enthusiast.

I tend to build a new main rig each year, and the previous build gets shuffled down to the business premises as a "work" (lol) PC.

This year's build is a Streacom based bench, Ryzen 3600x with a 3090.

First thing I should mention is the case is downright gorgeous. Top notch build quality and finish. It's very utilitarian, which I appreciate.

The rest of build was pretty standard bench stuff really. Everything has a specifically designed and well thought out location. The power supply placement was pretty forgiving, as it could go either side, upsidedown etc... whatever suits the build.

All together and running. The 3090 is an absolute unit of a card and grossly inappropriate for a build like this. And I love it.

Thats about it really. Bonus pic of the desk pad for any VLDL fan in here.

And finally, the old build that now lives in my work office.

Lian Li T1 case, Ryzen 1600x and a 2080. It's a bit of a mess, but it gets the customers attention often enough :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Nice!
I am a fellow open bench lover.
Have been using a BC1 Mini for 2 years now. My Build Log is here:-

Prior to my BC1 Mini, I have used BC1 Silver and Black and others.
For my next build, it will be either this:-

or, this:-

Is there a special reason why you like to orient the rear toward you? So that you can access the motherboard I/O easier?
BTW, do you have difficulty with aligning all PSU screws with the BC1 Mini frame?

Lastly, should put a standoff there (as indicated by the red arrow)...lol

Droopz

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 5, 2020
Honestly I struggled to pick an orientation. It's still kinda undecided really.

As for the screws I was able to easily get 2 opposite corners screwed in easy enough, but I left it at that.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Shoutout to that motherboard. I'm using it now with a 3600. I wish it had more USB ports instead of 40 display outputs but yeah it works so it's pretty sick.

Reactions: Droopz