Minisforum is taking pre-orders for their upcoming DEG1 eGPU dock. The dock, which is listed for $99 US, supports GPUs up to the RTX 4090 or Radeon 7900XTX. It includes a single PCIe 4.0 x 16 (x4 electrical) slot. This means that while the slot itself is the size of an x16 slot, it only supports x4 lanes of PCIe 4.0 bandwidth. The DEG1 connects to your PC via an OCuLink connection, and power for the GPU is given by either an SFX or ATX PSU that mounts on the DEG1.

Pricing is listed...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Phuncz

vinnyoflegend

Trash Compacter
Mar 18, 2022
Nice clean look to this.

Now I wonder if minisforum would consider releasing a competitor to the GPD G1 since they're already sourcing 7600M chips for some of their other products. I wouldn't say no to an NVIDIA 4060M either.

Either way, this space could use a bit more competition. I almost picked up the GPD G1 when it was sale on recently. It was down to $468US for the 2023 version and made it more compelling than a DIY that would take up more space and not have a portable 7600M XT option

Reactions: Revenant

Waffuls

Cable Smoosher
Jan 23, 2017
They really should make a version of this that has a minipc where the psu is and put a sfx psu along side it.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
They really should make a version of this that has a minipc where the psu is and put a sfx psu along side it.

Now that would be an interesting design. The mini-pic could plug into a port extendor or duplicator while the oculink goes to the GPU.

vinnyoflegend

Trash Compacter
Mar 18, 2022
Reactions: Revenant