GPU Looking to sell an ASUS GeForce 1070 OC STRIX!

TheInternal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 27, 2016
I finally was able to order my ASUS Geforce 1080 OC STRIX! I'd like to keep the 1070 OC STRIX as well, but some unexpected financial stuff has come up, so I can't really justify keeping the 1070 around for my backup rig.

Since there's not a for sale / for trade section, I figured this would be the best sub-forum to post in?

I'm asking $500 + shipping costs for the Asus GeForce 1070 OC STRIX. I'll be shipping it from South Carolina (in the southeastern U.S.). I'm thinking PayPal is probably the best way to go for payment. This is the factory overclocked version, not the non-overclocked STRIX.

The card is in new / excellent condition, works great, and includes all original packaging materials and accessories. When run in a test bench, it maxes out around 63C at prolonged full load from my brief experimenting. The "aura" LED lighting system is particularly neat looking (my girlfriend was sad I didn't have a case panel once she saw the card).

Feel free to reply in PM if interested! I'll try to check messages when I get home from work tomorrow (July 20th around 10 PM EST). Thanks :)

If I have no one interested by this Friday, I'll probably just post it on Ebay for $525 buyout.

Last edited:

TheInternal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Huh. Looks like they put it up for less than I paid for it. Wild. They were listing at $550 starting when I posted this.

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Yeah for real, it took me a very long time just to sell a Seasonic Flex ATX power supply.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
This thread really makes me want a buy/sell section on this forum. That would be amazing.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a massive amount of stuff I'm eBaying right now, but I'd much rather sell it within the community.

Yeah for real, it took me a very long time just to sell a Seasonic Flex ATX power supply.

We've been discussing this internally. We'll let the community know what the outcome of that discussion is once we have a sense of how we'd want to provide such a section.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
We'll let the community know what the outcome of that discussion is once we have a sense of how we'd want to provide such a section.

I know this is a little OT, but you might want to look at mechanical keyboard forums like geekhack and deskthority for inspiration, they have a lot of low-volume community projects and used parts being sold directly on there.

Reactions: CXH4

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I know this is a little OT, but you might want to look at mechanical keyboard forums like geekhack and deskthority for inspiration, they have a lot of low-volume community projects and used parts being sold directly on there.

To be clear, this sort of thing (a buy/sell section of the forum) would be individual-to-individual transactions only - not a storefront or fulfillment option for someone who's selling multiples of anything.

(Not that we're against doing that, but it would be a very different - and much more involved - thing to tackle. Well beyond scope right now.)

A buy/sell section would basically just have SFF Forum acting as a classifieds of sorts. We'd take no part in the transaction, we'd just provide a place for people to post things, and then moderate those postings, just as we do for all other sections. There's just complexity added since we have to:
  • Structure things such that we minimize the incidence rate of bad transactions and fraud as much as possible.
  • Absolve ourselves of liability when that does happen.
  • Prevent spam.
There are a few approaches. If we decide that we want to provide this, we'll devise what we think is the best way, and then solicit feedback from the community.

TheInternal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 27, 2016
I'd greatly prefer selling electronics to folks I'd know would make use of it via a forum / that could be publicly chastised if they did something royally fucked up. That being said, with the price of this item fluctuating, I'll probably try posting on ebay for the first time in like... ten years?

HardOCP's buy / sell forum may be an example to look at for what to stickie / how to enforce?

Reactions: CXH4

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'd greatly prefer selling electronics to folks I'd know would make use of it via a forum / that could be publicly chastised if they did something royally fucked up.

We'll have things to share regarding this idea soon, stay tuned ;)

Paid subs/supporters only perhaps?

We'll have things to share regarding this idea soon, stay tuned :p

Reactions: Josh | NFC

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I was about to say, this thread has accomplished everything except getting you a buyer for the card :eek: