GPU Looking for Low Profile (half width) Video cards

doomtomb

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Oct 21, 2020
Hi folks,

I was inspired by a recent line of SFF computer cases by J-Hack supporting low-profile video cards and wondering what's possible for gaming.

So that brings me to searching for low profile video cards and that is where we got a problem ?

Seems like the best option from team green is the GTX 1650 (4GB) ~2019

And team red R7 240 (2GB) ~2013

Any idea if low profile cards will continue to be introduced in the future? Or have they been phased out?

Looks like full width, half length offers a lot more flexibility and support in the community. Wish to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: SFF Watercooled

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
GTX 1650 from Asus is the best of the best at the moment. Zero RPM fan mode. Some of the 1650 are starting to come with better VRAM, but I'm not sure it makes much of a performance difference.

Many of these LP cards have stupid fan curves that run at 30%+ and have no way to turn it lower, even at idle. I fought that on my Gigabyte 1050ti for a couple years.

Reactions: lozza_c

AndyWags

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2019
I might be misunderstanding the question here. But isn't there a gtx 1070 katana that is a 1 slot? Might be wrong. Is it only 1 slot then for the machine?

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
Any of the GDDR6 versions of 1650 are your best bet. I think ASUS is the best feature-wise. I have a Zotac version that I'm using in J-hack's Pure X that I ended up just deshrouding and using the dual 80mm fans rather than the loud stock fans. If you're getting the Pure Mk2, I think it mounts two 60mm fans under the GPU. AMD also made a few LP RX550 and I think some RX 560 cards, but those get handily smoked by the newest 1650 models.