Looking for beta testers for new site feature!

We're in the process of testing a new site feature so we need people willing to test it out and provide feedback on the look, functionality, and organization.

Also, if you're an expert (or at least well-read) on a SFF topic like PSUs, M.2 drives, CPUs, etc. we'd like your help as well.

To apply, just reply to this thread saying so and we'll PM you with the details.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Also, if you're an expert (or at least well-read) on a SFF topic like PSUs, M.2 drives, CPUs, etc. we'd like your help as well.
Expert:
- Virtual Reality (I got into SFF entirely to have a portable VR demo PC, and it seems many others are doing the same)

Well-read:
- SSDs (NAND fabrication and function, controller operation, interface protocols)
- HDDs (read/write heads, interface protocols)
- RF encoding
- General electronics and signalling

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well-read:
- SSDs (NAND fabrication and function, controller operation, interface protocols)
- HDDs (read/write heads, interface protocols)
I'm going to do my part on storage in general, which I think would mesh well with your deeper inner-workings knowledge.

Your VR expertise would be very welcome.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
lol, all 3 of you are already in the beta :p

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
I want to help! I have Android, IOS, windows, and soon Linux platforms to test the website on.

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
I was a self proclaimed expert of NFS (the game) as evident in my name but that doesn't have anything to do with SFF, so I guess I'm familiar with cpu coolers and sff in general

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
And here I was thinking I should dial back the amount of posts I make in this forum... Time to turn it up to eleven ! Who knows what deep secrets and ancient mysteries uncover with enough posts to be unlocked by the site staff !

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I know that I can now change the title below my alias, so that's pretty kewl. Not sure if or when this unlocked, though.

Actually you weren't supposed to be able to until a much higher post count. I had the wrong box checked in one of the user group permissions. It's fixed now but I'll let you keep yours since your the only one who had taken advantage of it :)

Reactions: iFreilicht

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Well, you could either write 9001 posts or join the moderator team :p

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I don't know, I haven't used my banhammer in a few years; termites probably ate the handle. :p
Mine's been rusting away here too, people are too... normal ! Sometimes I randomly insert some wild imagination gibberish but no one is buzzing around that honeypot.