Enclosure Logic Supply MC500 - Brickless build?

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Hey everyone, tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. If there is a thread about this already please let me know.
I'm looking at doing an APU build in the MC500 case but I want to make sure I can go brickless. I'm thinking something like the RPS-200 from J-hack might work but I'm not sure.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Just remembered the Dynamo Combo, I'm thinking that might work. Might be a tight fit and cabling might not be the prettiest, but I might give it a shot when the combo is back in stock.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
None of those internal ac-dc will fit. Mc500 is too small. I wouldn't recommend it anyways as the lack or gents is concerning.

You may be able to squeeze one in the MX500 or some of the Realan cases.

Last edited:

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
I had complete brain fart and thought the Dynamo Combo was ac-dc+dc-atx, not dc+dc.
I'm ordering Pure right now though!

Gonna hold off ordering a PSU from you though, might be going with HDplex 200w but I'm not sure yet. Worried about the ONE2 PLUGin 120 power constraints for an APU build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I had complete brain fart and thought the Dynamo Combo was ac-dc+dc-atx, not dc+dc.
I'm ordering Pure right now though!

Gonna hold off ordering a PSU from you though, might be going with HDplex 200w but I'm not sure yet. Worried about the ONE2 PLUGin 120 power constraints for an APU build.

If you intend to run at stock then there is no problem. The new HDPlex 200W should fit but I'm a bit worried about the oversized heatsink. There is 16mm of clearance max in front of the motherboard.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
I was checking on your site, and if the hdplex 160w parts work then the 200w should fit as well. They are the same size, I think the ac-dc is actually slightly smaller iirc.