Other Laptop RTX4050 performance

Hariuto

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Mar 12, 2024
Hello, I have a big problem with FPS and I absolutely do not understand why. I recently bought this laptop: Acer Nitro V15 product, which has RTX 4050 and Intel Core i5-13420H. When I turn on Minecraft (normal version without optifine) it does not crash and i get about 150-180 FPS.But once i install Optifine (latest version 1.20.4) and Rethinking Voxels shaders and also X-Ray texture pack (which i downloaded from this site https://texturespack.com/xray-ultimate-resource-pack/ if by any chance it's useful, I'll give a link) and it immediately starts to crash. Or it doesn't completely crash, but I have like 20-30 FPS, which I don't understand. This laptop should be good, right? Could someone please help me? My VSync is off and render distance is on 10.. Thanks a lot

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Sounds like an issue with the game mods, right?

If it runs well without those, I'd remove everything (back to stock install) and add them back one-by-one and see what happens.

I'm guessing that Rethinking Voxels plays around with the lighting and attempts to re-create RayTracing-like effects but without the actual nVidia RTX APIs and thus without hardware acceleration. That would be the first thing I'd try removing, myself.

DISCLAIMER: I have never played Minecraft, so I'm basing my assumption purely on what I could see on the 'about' pages for the described mods.

Good luck! :)