Accessory Keyboard Choice

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
What keyboard do you use along with your PC? Is it always at your desk or do you travel with it too?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I use an Apple M0110 mechanical keyboard from 1984 that I converted to USB HID with a Teensy++ 2.0 and the TMK firmware from hasu.

It stays on my desk 24/7.

Last edited:

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Some purists here might not like it, but I'm using a Coolermaster Mastermouse Pro M with Cherry browns. It's my first mechanical keyboard, and I love it (although not 100%). Since finishing college I'm using it for only gaming, which rarely happens during the summer months. Regardless, I'll never go back to a membrane. I would like to try some different switches in the future. I'm after something that's quieter but offers a solid tactile bump.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Currently using a Corsair g613. Big, bulky, and awkward on my little desk..... it’s growing on me, albeit slowly.

I’m realizing I made a mistake by selling my favorite keyboard, a filco majestouch convertible 2. That was a keyboard I took with me on trips and also used at home. Very nice... I miss it.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
The HHKB has been my "main" alongside various Realforce boards. It is always within reach lol. Hades Canyon size comparison:

Reactions: Phuncz

TheMissingPiece

Efficiency Noob
Feb 14, 2018
Oooh! Are we doing a keyboard thread? As you can tell from my profile pic I'm quite the keyboard enthusiast...

M65-A with Zandas (Zealios stem in Panda Housing - 67g springs) - GMK Muted keyset in a split spacebar configuration.

And my new (to me) HHKB JP! I got it used off of Yahoo Auctions (Japanese ebay) for a very resonable price, even after proxy fees. I'm getting a Hasu bluetooth controller in soon but it's actually quite usable out of the box - Windows provides a very reasonable keymap for the JP.

Not pictured - Ergodox with BOX Whites, Model M, and an Apple Extended Keyboard 2.

Reactions: Alexander