Production k_ses: k3.93L ( 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2X @ 5.29L )

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
what about mod for 4070ti Ventus 2x 242*125*51mm?

Add a spacer... 7mm wooden/acrylic panel (lasercut) or something 3D printed. The 5.12c would need to be modded or exchanged for this to work: 3.93b+7mm+5.12e

Another option would be an 7mm wooden/acrylic frontpanel (lasercut) or something 3D printed: 3.93b+5.12e+7mm

You also might be able to somehow remove 7mm from the card,. I like the Ti for it's fully enabled Die, but the price premium over the 4070 isn't worth it and that's not even considering the same amount of VRAM which is barely enough for 600€ and 4070 performance and a bad joke for the 900€ Ti.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Can I install hdplex 500 between GPU and mb?
The 500W GaN only mounts next to the mainboard in the 5.12 expansion.

It could fit between GPU and mb (same as 250W GaN in 3.93), but this would require another expansion... 60(+15mm) over the entire case. (Benefits the mb side with CPU clearance, but doesn't really the GPU side.) And it would need a little more length over the 3.93 base 182(+30mm). Makes it 75x212x360mm = 5.72L

Tuhis

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 27, 2023
What are the weights of 3.92 alone and with 5.12 extension? I'm pondering whether this could be good base for a travel build.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
I'm pondering whether this could be good base for a travel build.

It is the best base for a travel build ;)

The 3.93L config is 999g and the 5.12L config is ~1700g.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

Yes, awfully familiar XD proprietary hardware and external power brick. Fixed monitor (1440p/60Hz).

I would like to understand why I have such a hard time selling of the cases I make... This monitor stand thing is just ONE of the party tricks. Hope it doesn't make people look to quickly the other way XD
Come on it's smaller than the Velka 3 (or other Flex-ATX Sandwiches) while being expandable and having the ability to fit 45mm cpu heatsinks or a deshroud with 25mm fans. Or fit 2.5 slots... 2.2 slots and L9 with more room to the side panel. Better backpackable, exhaust for the card and all intake on just one side. Easier to build in (I would say from my experience).
Disappointing/Discouraging that so many would rather do ANOTHER Flex-ATX Sandwich / 4060 Solo build :/

Reactions: wipefox

Stinkycheese

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 3, 2023
Yes, awfully familiar XD proprietary hardware and external power brick. Fixed monitor (1440p/60Hz).

I would like to understand why I have such a hard time selling of the cases I make... This monitor stand thing is just ONE of the party tricks. Hope it doesn't make people look to quickly the other way XD
Come on it's smaller than the Velka 3 (or other Flex-ATX Sandwiches) while being expandable and having the ability to fit 45mm cpu heatsinks or a deshroud with 25mm fans. Or fit 2.5 slots... 2.2 slots and L9 with more room to the side panel. Better backpackable, exhaust for the card and all intake on just one side. Easier to build in (I would say from my experience).
Disappointing/Discouraging that so many would rather do ANOTHER Flex-ATX Sandwich / 4060 Solo build :/
I love your case and I think it is one of the best cases for moving around, I think you could try to advertise it more and get some YouTubers to review it and also expanding the shipping to around the world.

Reactions: k0n

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Yes this case is unique and rightly so.
I have not ordered yet as i am not upgrading/downsizing my build now but it's a concern that this might not be available anymore when i wish to do so 😅

Are there any more k5.12 available ? if i need to order in advance i can

Last edited:

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Are there any more k5.12 available ? if i need to order in advance i can

10 sets where made and I have so far sold one complete set and one expansion/monitor stand kit to a previous v1.1 buyer (and then the leftover 3.93b and 3.93c from this set too).

I took one set for me and used one for the build of a friend.

Everything except selling the leftover 3.93c and 3.93b was agreed upon before I decided to go ahead with the 10 sets... in early July. Many inquiries since then, but zero sales.

I might be able to sell the rest tomorrow or never... who knows.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Like the other guy said, I think advertising or marketing is important too. I think at the very least "professional-looking" product photos will be helpful.

I think that your case is great too. It's just that I have a similar case now that I have yet to build.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
@k0n where would one even purchase your case? What are the approx. prices and shipping options? The absence of being able to find out easily could be one of the hurdles to selling...?

I'd be interested in a k3.93 anyway - would be perfect for an AM4/A4000/GaN250 build

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
@k0n where would one even purchase your case? What are the approx. prices and shipping options? The absence of being able to find out easily could be one of the hurdles to selling...?

I'd be interested in a k3.93 anyway - would be perfect for an AM4/A4000/GaN250 build

You're right :/ I was sure I had it in the first post... for purchasing you can DM/PM me.

For the current set consisting of 6 lasercut parts. I'm asking for 150€. All screws (magnetic hex 2mm) included. No paint, no riser and no powerswitch.

Shipping from Germany:
- within Germany 7€
- within EU 17€
- UK 27€
- US 48€

This is a very small project. I prioritize(d) the cases itself over marketing.

Any 18.5cm dual reverse riser should work and you can choose any 12mm switch you like. I'm flexible and could also organize both for you, but I just buy them of Ebay/Amazon myself and don't get them in bulk.

Instead of only black and potential scratches during transport or other problems you might be able to paint it yourself or get it powder coated locally with any surfacefinish and colour you like. For me it is lower inventory cost... (not selling all cases is less painful).

Last edited:

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Nice to get the info, also, is this the same power button as the NFC line ? This is pretty unclear to me 😅

Also the 150 euros price tag is in line with other caase, but is it the 3.93 or the 5.12 ?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Nice to get the info, also, is this the same power button as the NFC line ? This is pretty unclear to me 😅

Also the 150 euros price tag is in line with other caase, but is it the 3.93 or the 5.12 ?
For the current set consisting of 6 lasercut parts. I'm asking for 150€. All screws (magnetic hex 2mm) included. No paint, no riser and no powerswitch.

- I don't know what NFC uses. It's a 12mm diameter hole...

- 6 lasercut parts seen in the picture. ("Velka 3 and 5" with stand and monitor mount capability).

EDIT: If it's always the same size with NFC then they appear to use 16mm...

Anything 12mm will work with your k3.93L...

Here is my preference (black with light) next to the exhaust that almost all of the Flex-ATX-sandwiches lack...

Last edited:

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Adding even more versatility to the k3.93L, 4 x 2,5” hot swap bay for a <4L home server/NAS.

Still fine tuning BUT this three part design can be 3D printed or lasecut from 5mm wood/acryl and it holds onto the two riser standoffs… so there is no need to do anything permanent to the 3.93b!