Log First SSF build - Meshroom S, ASUS Z790-I, Intel i7-13700K, Kingston DDR5 6000MT/s CL32, ARCTIC LF II 280mm and ZOTAC RTX 4070 Ti AMP AIRO

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
I guess your GPU is a bit too wide so you couldnt go for the GPU + Rad option? Ie. putting the radiator to the GPU side?

BTW: An option for your "tubes sticking out" side panel issue would be to get 3d printed case extenders. There is a lot to be found on Thingiverse, but also quite a few people sell them on etsy in various colors and iterations :)

cu, w0lf.
You guess it, it's just not possible for me with my GPU (which I spend weeks chosig)

All these/my entire build was focused on best possible card for the build, which was going to be Lian Li A4-H2O X4.

I'm happy with this card but I could in this case get 4080 Ti however I can't justify it at the moment cause nothing I run/play require more then I already got.

Yes, thanks I have found those solutions and also are in the talks with one of the best makers/producers over at Etsy to actually get a side panel with a square bulge on it which would act as a housing for the tubes as they are currently in my case/Situation and also on the outside the bulge with act as a headset mount/holder.

I got the idea since I found myself buying on of these and it works for holing the headset so well in place but I rather would like to not add unnecessary clutter to the outside of the case so I think I came up with a brilliant idea but I lack the skill of 3D plan creation and at the same time ran into the guy who has the best side plane extensions so maybe we can pull this prototype and idea of mine.

By the way, do you by any chance know anyone around on the forums who would/can do some rendering/plans in apps like SketchUp or so?

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
I see you have updated your title. If I may suggest, do put the name of the case for example, so people know what to expect when they see your thread title. Not to mention it helps with forum search & SEO as well 🙂

Of course. We're open to various types of SFF PC related builds, including NAS. You can post your thread in this build section.
Sire yes sir! changed again, hope it works better and its ok or rather preferred to the old ones! :)

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
On that note: One can bend those LF II tubes quite a lot. Here's a "maxed out SAMA" build with HEAVY bending (also seen a few NR200s with similar bending) and no issues whatsoever ;)

r/sffpc thread:

cu, w0lf.
I really dont understand how the tubes are getting into the bend like that, maybe 280mm tubes are more stiff then the 240mm version? Maybe the rev.3 (which is what I have according to the box) have some other tube materials? I really cant get how some are archiving some bends, my tubes are more like hard tubes that can bend a litle rather than soft tubes that are just stiff and can get bend with some force without breaking of completely.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I really dont understand how the tubes are getting into the bend like that, maybe 280mm tubes are more stiff then the 240mm version? Maybe the rev.3 (which is what I have according to the box) have some other tube materials? I really cant get how some are archiving some bends, my tubes are more like hard tubes that can bend a litle rather than soft tubes that are just stiff and can get bend with some force without breaking of completely.
AFAIK the tubes are identical, no matter the radiator length / width (depth is always 38 mm, too). Maybe its "production lottery" (similar to silicon lottery)? Same as with the pump - some report it to be noisy, most report it to be almost silent, a few call it awful loud AF etc.

cu, w0lf.

Arelius

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 4, 2023
AFAIK the tubes are identical, no matter the radiator length / width (depth is always 38 mm, too). Maybe its "production lottery" (similar to silicon lottery)? Same as with the pump - some report it to be noisy, most report it to be almost silent, a few call it awful loud AF etc.

cu, w0lf.
I have not even once even heard the pump and the fan is so incredibility silent. So perhaps that is the case, I draw the stiffest straw on this! ;)

Maybe I can heat them up?

I really don't understand why they are so hard, they really feel the will break of from the connections if I press even with one more ounce of force.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I have not even once even heard the pump and the fan is so incredibility silent. So perhaps that is the case, I draw the stiffest straw on this! ;)

Maybe I can heat them up?

I really don't understand why they are so hard, they really feel the will break of from the connections if I press even with one more ounce of force.
Just checked mine - they're really quite bendy (not required in this case, but as soon as I add the GPU, I have to realign). Maybe just send an enquiry to Arctic how much one can safely bend them, or even better, whats the outer and inner structure, so one may know how far one can go? :)

cu, w0lf.