Production k_ses: k3.93L ( 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2X @ 5.29L )

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

I'm OK with the openings but I think this needs to be done and shown...

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
its great to have an option for expansion when required btw 3.93L to 5.12L when required. sadly not sure when this case may be available.

i have both the HDPlex 250 and 500 GaN .. wanted to build a mini pc using the low profile gigabyte 4060 oc. there are amble spaces available for that.

perhaps its great to have holes available for mounting fan grill?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
sadly not sure when this case may be available.
It is available.
i have both the HDPlex 250 and 500 GaN .. wanted to build a mini pc using the low profile gigabyte 4060 oc
Why both and why the 4060 LP? I have to admit that this isn't the ideal case for it, but you can get a 4060Ti StormX/Pegasus for the same price... with more performance and ideal for the base k3.93L!

(If it has to be 4060 LP I would not buy the k3.93L...)
perhaps its great to have holes available for mounting fan grill?
This was considered, but I didn't want more screws. I can print shrouds that attach together with the fan on the heatsink:

I can fairly quickly do a shroud like this for each configuration. Just need a even picture of the opening/your fan for the spacing.

Next is a basic mesh that perhaps just clicks into the opening and something for a H670M-ITX or Z690M-ITX and AXP90-X47 (full copper).

Last edited:

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
where may i check it out?
Why both and why the 4060 LP? I have to admit that this isn't the ideal case for it, but you can get a 4060Ti StormX/Pegasus for the same price... with more performance and ideal for the base k3.93L!
i have a couple of mini itx mobo that i would like to relocate some out of their current cases as I will be upgrading my systems soon. The current PCs would be used for other purposes or setting as they are still decent by today standard and even with 1080p gaming. Great for home LAN parties.
Asus strix z370i/8700 - asus 1080ti turbo 11gb
Asus strix z370i/8700k - asus rx580 8gb
Minisforum BD770i - likely the asus or gigabyte 4060LP

I ordered 2x Lzmod A24_v5 itx cases and one of them supposed to hold the BD770i/4060LP hence will use the HDPlex 500w PSU. The 250w PSU would likely be for the one of the other itx.

I have a spare Noctua L9i and wonder if i can undervolt the Asus strix z370i/8700k to use it on with a slim casing and a short gpu card.

(If it has to be 4060 LP I would not buy the k3.93L...)
K3.93L or 5.12L will offer other GPU options for sure. the 4060LP was meant for the Lzmod A24_v5. just considering what other options will i have.

This was considered, but I didn't want more screws. I can print shrouds that attach together with the fan on the heatsink:
i think the printed option would be cleaner .. as adding grill will have screws extending into the case which may get in the way of other parts which is not ideal

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
The Noctua L9i and the asus z370i may not be a good combo as mobo designs actually obstructed the air flow of the L9i

I have miscalculated the length of the hdplex 500w gan .. dun think it will fit either the gigabyte or asus 4060LP in the Lzmod a24-v5 lol .. gonna use back my Flex 1U 600w PSU

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
where may i check it out?

What do you mean? Here is a link to the details.

I have a spare Noctua L9i and wonder if i can undervolt the Asus strix z370i/8700k to use it on with a slim casing and a short gpu card.

Yes, the 8700K is still a decent 6 core... I would get the 4060Ti StormX / Pegasus or 4060 Solo if I didn't had a 6600XT Challenger ITX already.

I have miscalculated the length of the hdplex 500w gan .. dun think it will fit either the gigabyte or asus 4060LP in the Lzmod a24-v5 lol .. gonna use back my Flex 1U 600w PSU

This happens a lot. The 500W is actually difficult to fit in... the expanded k3.93L (5.12L) can fit both 250W and 500W. Even at the same time.

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
What do you mean? Here is a link to the details.

Yes, the 8700K is still a decent 6 core... I would get the 4060Ti StormX / Pegasus or 4060 Solo if I didn't had a 6600XT Challenger ITX already.
actually they are still running great with 1080ti on most games for now .. still hesitating about upgrading but my main casing aint able to take most of the higher end gpu above 300mm
This happens a lot. The 500W is actually difficult to fit in... the expanded k3.93L (5.12L) can fit both 250W and 500W. Even at the same time.
will wait for the stuff to arrive first .. then will see what to do next.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

First attempt at a AXP90-X47 / H670M-ITX (Z690M-ITX/Z790M-ITX) shroud. (I don't like the wire fan mounting that Thermalright is using).

A little stiff probably because of the closed layer but otherwise a nice fit. Snaps/Clicks into the opening and pushes the fan onto the heatsink.

I can bundle a shroud with the case or send you the file to print it yourself. I can also design something for your specific configuration... print/ship or just send you the file (for free).

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015

I'm OK with the openings but I think this needs to be done and shown...
I like the solution here, hybrid of 3D printed vents with metal when cutting extra holes in metal is too costly. And you can swap to using different patterns if you want.

Alternatively for the I/O shield, one can buy an all purpose mesh shield and cut out the necessary areas from it.

Reactions: BaK and k0n

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

Back to 5 units with 2 laser cut parts (3.93b+3.93c). I wanted to either do cutouts only or perforation only and went with perforations because I suspect many just don’t recognize the potential of the openings.

Nobody had any wishes regarding the venting pattern… so I will be basically connecting two of the circles I had previously (more open mm² per lasercut mm).

The 3.93b(ul) is going to be made out of 1 mm AlMg3 instead of 1 mm galvanized steel. With both base and cover made out of aluminum the weight drops from light 999g to ultralight ~500g.

I won’t trust 1mm aluminum to hold M3 threads and so the base has holes just like the cover and the threads come in the form of heat set inserts which are held in place by 3D prints (orange).

Reactions: L91

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com

Back to 5 units with 2 laser cut parts (3.93b+3.93c). I wanted to either do cutouts only or perforation only and went with perforations because I suspect many just don’t recognize the potential of the openings.

Nobody had any wishes regarding the venting pattern… so I will be basically connecting two of the circles I had previously (more open mm² per lasercut mm).

The 3.93b(ul) is going to be made out of 1 mm AlMg3 instead of 1 mm galvanized steel. With both base and cover made out of aluminum the weight drops from light 999g to ultralight ~500g.

I won’t trust 1mm aluminum to hold M3 threads and so the base has holes just like the cover and the threads come in the form of heat set inserts which are held in place by 3D prints (orange).
This is looking promising, though I didn't mind blank cutouts myself

Reactions: k0n

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
This is looking promising, though I didn't mind blank cutouts myself
I like the blank curtout, espacially the "fan add on"
But it's safer with a fixed aluminium/steel build *

I haven't followed the thread closely, what's the difference between 3.93b and 3.93c ?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
I like the blank curtout, espacially the "fan add on"
But it's safer with a fixed aluminium/steel build *
I think I asked this before... what exactly are you afraid of?

But also: It is a plattform and all covers are compatible. All expansions are compatible.

Let's say you wanted the 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2x... and had a k3.93L already. One or two more people and in a couple weeks I'm shipping a 5.29e and 5.29c to you (360x60x245mm). This specific cover can have whatever pattern you like and be any thickness you want... (keep in mind: 2mm would mean 360x61x246mm = 5.31c).

I haven't followed the thread closely,
🥲

what's the difference between 3.93b and 3.93c ?
Let's establish this:

5.12c (cover)
3.93c (cover)
3.93b (base)
5.12e (extension/expansion/erweiterung)
5.12b (base?)

"k3.93L" series :)

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I think I asked this before... what exactly are you afraid of?

But also: It is a plattform and all covers are compatible. All expansions are compatible.

Let's say you wanted the 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2x... and had a k3.93L already. One or two more people and in a couple weeks I'm shipping a 5.29e and 5.29c to you (360x60x245mm). This specific cover can have whatever pattern you like and be any thickness you want... (keep in mind: 2mm would mean 360x61x246mm = 5.31c).

🥲

My wallet is afraid of overall cost (mobo + platform + hdplex + boutique case)

I've been looking at a lot of things too, the sgpc k59 is interesting, cause a hair bigger, and support matx mobo, which would reduce cost quite a bit for me, but the venting looks terrible, and flex atx psus are meh 😅

I ponder, could a k6l accomodate an matx board + 250 mm gpu and an hdplex 500 .... it probably would be a bit thicker too, perhaps to mount the hdplex vertically (bolt it on the thickness side i mean)

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
My wallet is afraid of overall cost (mobo + platform + hdplex + boutique case)

I ponder, could a k6l accomodate an matx board + 250 mm gpu and an hdplex 500 .... it probably would be a bit thicker too, perhaps to mount the hdplex vertically (bolt it on the thickness side i mean)

150€ was very low for the set... with how niche it is and it's utility/versatility.

HDPLEX to me is the clear choice... yes you get more W/€ with a 600W Flex-ATX, but the 500W is actually quiet and what if all you need is 250W? For me the fanless 250W GaN was overall cheaper (145€) than the ENP-7660B (175+shipping).

The k3.93L can't fit mATX... But I could make a mATX or even ATX case like that.

How much do you really save with mATX? My latest LGA1700 (H670M-ITX) was just 99€ including shipping.

- PCIE5 x16 slot
- two PCIE4 x4 M.2 slots on the frontside (not stacked!)
- 1x 1G 1x 2,5G Ethernet
- Wi-Fi 6E

I wouldn't compromise and look out for a mini-ITX board. And even if you pay 150€ for it (like I did twice before) how much cheaper is a comparable mATX and what percentage of the overall system cost would that be?

Not only will it be insignificant but also you potentially make bad compromises (mATX) that will hold you back/leave you unsatisfied with the whole build in the long run. (Jeopardize the whole investment for a small percentage saving.)

Last edited:

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
The k3.93b (ul) arrived, and I already shipped it to the two who preordered it :)

I also did a build in it using a Gainward RTX 4060 Ti Pegasus (Palit StormX twin).

Only one cover was faulty and will be replaced.

The 2,59 kg build:

- RTX 4060 Ti
- 12600 non K
- Pure Rock LP
- H670M-ITX
- 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 CL14
- 2x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus
- HDPLEX 250W GaN

As you can see there is 29 mm above the 4060 Ti heatsink. Plenty of room for a 25 mm fan and even a 4 mm spacer.

Last edited:

Madsox

Case Bender
New User
Mar 20, 2024
The k3.93b (ul) arrived, and I already shipped it to the two who preordered it :)

I also did a build in it using a Gainward RTX 4060 Ti Pegasus (Palit StormX twin).

Only one cover was faulty and will be replaced.

The 2,59 kg build:

- RTX 4060 Ti
- 12600 non K
- Pure Rock LP
- H670M-ITX
- 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 CL14
- 2x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus
- HDPLEX 250W GaN

As you can see there is 29 mm above the 4060 Ti heatsink. Plenty of room for a 25 mm fan and even a 4 mm spacer.

How much? I have been following ardently for at least a year and a half… I need a low profile build like this and mostly want it for the tray and slim layout and the power button. I plan to mod it into a portable sff and don’t necessarily need the case enclosures, but I would consider buying just the tray or even the whole thing seeing that it’s come along so well.
great work!

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
@Madsox Thank you :)

The case being suited for all kinds of modifications was part of the idea. The base holds all cutouts and mounting points that are needed... the card can overhang or be triple slot (sky is the limit). The PSU can be a 250W GaN that fits nicely between card and board or be placed external to the base.

I thought of a wall mounted PC ...or just something flat that you can use as a shell and put the base in.

The current 3.93b (ul) and 3.93c I would sell you for 100€. No paint, no switch and no riser otherwise ready to be used.

When I order/plan a run anyone can raise a hand for anything extra. Just the base, just a cover, one extra cover or just an expansion...

Since you want to immediately mod it and only need the base a future run where I'll use steel might be better for you? It depends what you want it to do but the 3.93b (ul) doesn't hold any threads except for the 6 galvanized steel standoffs.

Reactions: Madsox