Production k_ses: k3.93L ( 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2X @ 5.29L )

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Quote ie buggy for me apparently, oh well.

going over 5.7 l kinda kills this case in my opinion, as i would probably get a slighlty bigger case and fit say a 4090 ? Just my opinion though

Making this a specialized HDplex case do make sense, as it's not that expensive, and is super small/ quiet so...

Reactions: scatterforce

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Currently finalizing the design. You can join this Discord Server (easier for me to post pictures/some join from outside SFF.N). I will post the bigger updates here.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

Order is placed and I updated the first post to show the final form of the bundle. Minor changes to the 3.93 base. Let's call it v1.2 ...

Bryan_S

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 31, 2019
How are you attaching the monitor? I have been wanting to do a build like this with my viotek 22" 144hz screen.
I currently have a sub 6L build I have been backpacking on my trips but, its a sandwich layout which makes it annoying to stow and get out for tsa.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
looks nice. few suggestions for the next revision.

-countersunk screws
-better vent holes. maybe even different shape. current one looks a little weird or kinda "unorganized". can't think of better word.
-how about vent holes instead of big cut out for the top cover?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
- For countersunk screws I'd need 1,5-2mm thickness cover with different bend radius.

- I was very happy with the two big openings on the 3.93 v1.1 cover... the exact picture you posted would be possible with it? Just insert any kind of mesh you like?? Wire or 3D printed... Or not a mesh but a custom GPU-/CPU-cooler shroud? Or just leave it open for best performance and nice display of hardware:

- unsure about the look on the 5.12 cover (greater variety of cards and if the opening isn't filled out it definitely would not look good) I opted for the continuation of the exhaust holes and repeated for the 3.93 cover. The mainboard opening reliably shows of the mainboard (gives access to the M.2 even), is unique to this case, let's you max out CPU-Cooler height, resembles the I-plate and leaves room for customization.

@RenG

Last edited:
Reactions: shreebles

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Thicker top cover is a little more expensive but I think it's worth it. But ofc that's just me. :D

I really like the bare metal look. Though if it was mine I think I'll go with sandblasted finish.

Edit: I'm really tempted by this as it is like the love child of NFC S4M and J-hack MK2. I only have A2000 gpu for my next build so this case is actually a little bit bigger than what I need right now.

Last edited:

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I blinked and the case went into production 😍

Small yet powerful, i really dig the overall size !

I agree on an optional cover, i would just feel better about it if went into a backpack or something. Perhaps a rounder smaller rectangle covering both the cpu/gpu intake hole ?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Thicker top cover is a little more expensive but I think it's worth it. But ofc that's just me. :D
Cost isn't really much of a factor in this and I actually wanted 1.5 or even 2mm aluminum for the 3.93 cover, but at the very end decided against it because the bend radius would also increase (= less uniformity).

(Also there was nobody asking for a thicker cover.)
I really like the bare metal look. Though if it was mine I think I'll go with sandblasted finish.
You can do whatever finish you like ;) ...and whatever color.

I used matte black powdercoat for the 5.12 expansion and blued 3.93 base / 5.12 cover.

The seam looks nice, just like I hoped it would... and it suggests itself to do different colors.

I agree on an optional cover, i would just feel better about it if went into a backpack or something. Perhaps a rounder smaller rectangle covering both the cpu/gpu intake hole ?
Again.. you can modify. BUT I'll also do any cover you want ...if somebody will be willing to pay for it.

The 6700XT will be used in the build for a friend. I wanted to do his build as a showcase, but he wanted it bare metall for now... which isn't great for presentation. Also would have liked to use a 4070, but couldn't recommend it (to him) over a 320€ 6700XT...

And then I finally decided to try the 4070 myself and max out this case (when I saw it a little cheaper and on Amazon.de). My last NVIDIA was a GTX 560 Phantom and even then just because of size restriction.

Last edited:

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Damn it's beautiful

As my personal choice i would perhaps choose the more open one, and add something like a speaker thin mesh to blend it in the space (i would mount it to a wall above or next to my main monitor, i need to look into vesas wall mount first)

I really dig it and damn, it feels like tolerance is 0 mm