Log Jonsplus i100 Pro (not quite SFF)

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Thought I'd through some photos an such up about my new case.

Gone from pure SFF to just a bit over SFF.

First up, components

• CPU : AMD R7 3700X
  • MB : Gigabyte Aorus X570-i
  • RAM : DIMM3: Kingston HyperX KHX3600C18D4/16GX
  • GPU : Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2060
  • M.2 #1 : Crucial CT1000P2SSD8 1Tb
  • M.2 #2 : Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb
  • SSD #1 : Samsung 860 QVB 1tb
  • CPU cooler : arctic freezer 240 ii with Noctua NF-F12 PWM Fans
  • PSU : Corsair SF600 with shortened cables
  • Case fans : Noctua Chromax NF-A12X15 X3 plus one more NF-F12 PWM
Case is the title Jonsplus i100 Pro. Fans are in a chimney style layout slim Chromaxs in the base thicker NF12's in the roof as the exhaust

I'm very pleased with the case, dust filters all included, zero rivets and good build quality even built in cable routing for the cables that come out of the case. Layout wise it has three options, I've gone for the most boring only because the AIO hosing from the block sticks out straight rather than side exit like many others.

Onto some photos

Starting at the back, not overly inspiring but gives you a good idea of layout and space. You can see where the PSU is mounted there are additional holes, they are for changing the PSU height, or using a normal ATX PSU, though doing so causes a number of constrictions on layout.

Front behind the 3mm thick slab of Aluminium you can lob in a 2.5" drive or a 3.5", does get a little warm in there though

Top panel minus the grill can see the exhaust fans, right of the image is a removeable bracket idea being you can attach your up to 360mm radiator an slot it in more easily.
Front panel IO is nice and simple, power button is illuminated white with a patch that is red for HDD activity, single USB3 port, front panel audio headphone and mic jacks plus a USB Type-C though annoyingly my motherboards header for this is outside the case.

Slightly over bright, blame the flash ring, its on its lowest setting

Last arty shot. Camera has decided it would like to have a corrupted firmware which is nice for it, not so nice when you need it to take photos.
Anyway I will get more at some point.

Temps wise its great I know the AIO is OTT for the CPU but stability and silence are key. GPU gets a little noisy an hot under load so I removed the factory TIM an applied some Noctua paste, seems better already in idle dropping a couple of degrees.

Very happy with it, plan is if the GPU market ever goes back to somewhere near normal pricing to pick up a new GPU an watercool the lot and use one of the Sandwich layouts so I can drop the PSU height down an use a nice thick rad.
Or, use two 360mm slim rads an the same layout.

Reactions: thelaughingman

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
Very nice, I thought this was a cool case when I first saw it. What kind of room is there for a slim rad and fans under the gpu? 20mm slim rad and 15mm fans?

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Very nice, I thought this was a cool case when I first saw it. What kind of room is there for a slim rad and fans under the gpu? 20mm slim rad and 15mm fans?

Yeah thats about the max, easier if it was a capless radiator, ideal setup would be the GPU facing front as it comes up a bit higher an wont impeded airflow

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
Interesting case.

But, that interior is a bit strange. I can't understand ALL that space for the PSU.
I really don't get any ITX case supporting ATX. If you're going small, with all the compromises that come with it, an SFX PSU isn't a big problem at all. But fine if you want to... but then don't compromise the SFX positioning.

I get having a long case for the 3x120mm fans etc, and a wide case for the BIG air cooler support... and a bit of height for ITX with fans above and below for the vertical tunnel flow.
But to have the SFX PSU positioned with all that rubbish around it is mad.

I've scoured pictures but can't tell if that mid-point tray element that covers the PSU can be removed... it looks like it's all one piece and runs from the front drive support panel (with two screws), and then 90deg bends, then travels to the side, and is the vertical bar that runs top to bottom and supports the front side of the motherboard tray?
Or is it possible to keep the vertical bar that supports the mobo tray, and then remove ALL those other parts?

I think it's probably possible to easily make an L shaped panel that'll hold an SFX power supply, and then have four mounting lugs and slips into the front-drive bay mounting area (but on the case interior side), that way you can get an SFX PSU tight up to the front and clear up airflow all over in front of a big cooler like the D15.

Sorry for the late night picture quality haha.

I've got a 3950X in a Streacom DA2, 2x140mm bottom, and 2x120x15mm top so a vertical airflow like this case... but I'd prefer a bit more silence.

I was running a U9S which was a bit weedy, noisy on load... Currently running a Cryorig Quad Lumi with an Noctua A12x25... I think going to the D15 is the way to get things really nice and quiet now, and a bit more room to get rid of the 15mm thick fans which have a horrible noise vs a 25mm.

Stuff like the Corsair NR200, or even the Sliger cases, are just so damn dull. They're technically impressive, but aesthetically as pleasing as a 1980s LADA car.

Cases like this have a bit of flair and look stylish, worth having on your desk to look at!

I'm very tempted by one of these in black, and then go D15... but only if I can remove that big chunk of airflow blocking metal and get the PSU moved over to the front side...

Main thing is, is that bit scribbled over in red a piece of the green vertical bar at the back or not? From what I can see it's one piece?

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
After watching videos in 4K and reviewing the manual diagrams in detail, it looks like the vertical strut at the back has the PSU cover and front cover plate attached to it.
But it has a clear crease running top to bottom on the strut, so even with the cover plate cut off it'd remain strong enough to support the mobo tray.

Then it'd just be a case of making an L shaped panel with holes to mount the PSU to the inside facing front panel.

I think I'm going to whip up a quick 3D model and then I can have a proper play around with how it looks/spec a front PSU mounting plate.

It's not a terribly sized case *considering*

Wide enough for a D15
Long enough for 360mm worth of fans/rads/CPU
Tall enough for an ITX mobo with 25mm thick fans top and bottom, and a rad if desired.

Yes it's a big ITX, but it looks smart good which is a big part of it. So many of these ITX cases are just like shoe boxes full of holes.

step83

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
Sorry I've not replied didn't see this at all

So I have done some modifications myself. The solid panel on the right of your image can be removed without causing issue with the strength of the case. It does mean you loose the SSD storage but you can wedge it beside the PSU with no temp issues.
Also removing the inner panel means you can easily mount a 360mm rad without any issues with hose interference

You could cut off that part its quite thick metal so may take a little while.

Quick image for you, GPU has changed though

• Love
Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
I'd been close to buying one of these, fitting my old NH D14 cooler (with new Chromax fans!), and enjoying the silence.

But given the new 145mm tall cooler from Noctua I'll be sticking with my DA2 for a bit longer to see if I can tame the sound vs temps compromise.

This case is definitely a good looker though... I was also interested in the i400 (or whatever the larger one is called), but it still seems there isn't a UK reseller.

That GPU is definitely an easy fit inside the case!
I'd be tempted to 3D print a duct and have the left most fan blow directly onto the GPU, and then not bother with the smaller fans on the GPU.

Wan90

Case Bender
New User
Dec 22, 2021
Its my third SFF Case after the H1 and the NR200.
Although it`s one of the bigger ones it is by far the best in terms of temperatures, fittment and style.

Have you tried removing the top dust filters?
For me they are really unnecessary.

If i remove the top panel my liquid temp goes down by 3-5 degrees.